System Coordinator PPG Revenue Cycle
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Job Summary:The System Coordinator, PPG Revenue Cycle is
responsible for the coordination of patient access services and
practice management systems administration for the Partners
Physician Group (PPG) and other associated entities. Implements
system changes to improve the overall operations of the revenue
cycle by improving accurate processing of registration, coding,
billing, cash posting and accurate collection of reimbursement to
ensure consistent cash flows for PPG and other associated
- Works closely with various PPG practices and Administration,
outside billing service and software vendor, and hospital
departments as applications system coordinator for the PPG
practices revenue cycle (Epic / Cadence).
- Maintains the revenue cycle systems project log and tracks,
coordinates and communicates updates to the management teams in
Revenue Cycle and in Practice Operations.
- Assists with the interfaces from various systems to ensure
routine processing and maintenance and continued development of the
revenue cycle systems, including addition of new entities,
departments and accounts, development of customized reports, and
changes in reporting structures.
- Coordinates the testing of all new systems and upgrades to
systems interfacing to the revenue cycle systems.
- Develops and maintains documentation for the PPG and
Administrative Billing systems. Collaborates with others in the
development and administration of initial and on-going in-house
training of revenue cycle and practice staff as well as peripheral
users for the systems.
- Provides application support and acts as liaison between the
Epic revenue cycle and Information Systems technical staff for
system user. Coordinates with information Systems technical staff
regarding security for various systems.
- Coordinates activities among Information Systems, revenue cycle
departments, and outside software vendor and billing service in
implementing necessary changes in a timely and accurate
- Develops system updates and ensures compliance with
departmental training programs on a continual basis. Assists with
updating processes due to new technology.
- Interacts with other system entities in matters related to PPG
revenue cycle systems. Coordinates and assists with data requests
to monitor A/R.
- Coordinates the development of various databases and tables
contained in the practice management system for new practices to
ensure coordination of department procedures with systems
functions. Establishes various accounts and access to multiple
systems for new practices.
- Assists the management teams in the Revenue Cycle and in
Front-End Operations in automating manual processes to increase
productivity throughout the department and practices through the
creation of new reports, programs or other system enhancements that
will improve efficiency. Monitors denials and backlogged data and
follows up appropriately within Epic and other systems.
- Assists the Director, Revenue Cycle and Manager, Front-End
Operations in automating manual processes to increase productivity
throughout the department and practices through the creation of new
reports, programs or other system enhancements that will improve
efficiency. Monitors denials and backlogged data and follows up
- Follows and supports the System Compliance Policy.
Appropriately responds to complaints and reports potential
compliance problems to the Director, Revenue Cycle.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain
organization and department specific competencies and
- Follows system and department policies and procedures with
special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality,
dress code and display of ID badge and safety.
- Other duties as assignedEducation:
- Bachelors degree in business administration or information
services, or the equivalent combination of relevant experience
- For Information Technology Division caregivers, ITIL
Foundations certification is required within 6 months of position
start date.Complexity of Work:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required to
work with all areas of the revenue cycle. Strong analytical and
problem-solving abilities. Proficient in the use of Microsoft
Office software, including Access, Excel and Word.Work Experience:
- Five years experience with medical practice management systems
and medical practice billing.
- Epic Cadence experience preferred.Physical
Requirements:Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as requiredThe policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all
of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free
and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by
testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be
rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for
nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland
Clinics Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open
positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers
and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified
candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin,
age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a
disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic
protected by law. Information provided on this application may be
shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.Cleveland Clinic is
pleased to be an equal employment employer:
Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Akron , System Coordinator PPG Revenue Cycle, Other , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!