Company: Akron Childrens Hospital
Posted on: February 13, 2020
About UsAkron Children------s Hospital is one of the largest
independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the
best children------s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our
dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year
through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations
offering primary and specialty care.We are leading the way to
healthier futures for children and communities through expert
medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a
teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other
universities, we train new generations of pediatricians,
specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonWe are seeking people who
are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients,
family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and
personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
In collaboration with the Epileptologist/Neurologists, the EEG
reader technologist reviews and evaluates continuous, raw video EEG
recording data from the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit, and inpatient
1. Responsible for accurately making edits of the record,
annotating normal and abnormal EEG findings, recognize artifact,
subtle seizures and changes in level of consciousness.
2. Presents EEG/video data and study evolution in daily patient
rounds to staff physician/epileptologist, describing current
seizures, their frequency, duration and interictal findings.
3. Writes detailed description of EEG patterns, clinical behavior,
seizure semiology, and provides preliminary report to
epileptologist/Neurologists and other medical staff.
4. Participates in intraoperative and extraoperative
electrocorticography, brain mapping, WADA------s, and
intraoperative neurophysiological monitoring studies.
5. Under the supervision of a staff Neurologist/Epileptologist, the
reader technologist writes final reports including pertinent
results of previous investigations, current EEG patterns, seizure
semiology, mapping results, updated classification, impression of
ictal and interictal abnormalities.
6. Compiles selection of representative EEG and video clips for
presentation in multidisciplinary epilepsy conference as requested.
Supports and promotes hospital, division and EMU team------s goals
and efforts. Provides high quality patient care and customer
service to patients and their families.
7. Participates in quality and continuing education
8. Supports hospital and division goals and objectives through
daily staff coaching, mentoring, education and research
initiatives. Communicates with management regarding daily and
strategic initiatives and opportunities.
1. Strong organizational skills, attentiveness to details, computer
and database management skills.
2. Possesses good oral and written skills.
3. Demonstrated interpersonal skills to enhance communication and
promote conflict resolution.
Education and Experience
1. High school graduate or equivalent required.
2. Associate degree in Electroneurodiagnostics from an accredited
3. Strong knowledge of EEG waveforms, normal and abnormal for all
ages, pharmacologic effects on EEG, and seizure classification.
4. Certification in Long Term Monitoring (CLTM) by the American
Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic and Evoked
Potential Technologists (ABRET) required within one year of hire.
Registries/certification in Evoked Potentials (R. EP T.) and/or
Neurophysiological Intraoperative Monitoring (CNIM) preferred but
not required. Healthcare provider BLS certification required.
Full TimeFTE: 1.000000
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: ALLIED HEALTH OTHER
Keywords: Akron Childrens Hospital, Akron , EEG Reader, Other , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!