Company: Akron Childrens Hospital
Posted on: February 13, 2020
About UsAkron Children------s Hospital is one of the largest
independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the
best children------s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our
dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year
through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations
offering primary and specialty care.We are leading the way to
healthier futures for children and communities through expert
medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a
teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other
universities, we train new generations of pediatricians,
specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonWe are seeking people who
are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients,
family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and
personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Part Time24 Hours/Week(2) 12 hour shifts. Variable times. Primarily
night shift. --Rotating Weekend and Holiday
'The Transport Nurse provides to individuals and groups, nursing
care requiring specialized knowledge judgment and skill derived
from the principles of biological physical, behavioral, social and
nursing sciences and assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and
directs care for premature neonatal, pediatric and adult patients
during transport in accordance with departmental standards of care
1. Provides to individuals and groups, nursing care requiring
specialized knowledge judgment and skill derived from the
principles of biological physical, behavioral, social and nursing
2. Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and directs care for
premature neonatal, pediatric and adult patients during transport
in accordance with departmental standards of care and practice.
3. Participates in the education of referral staff, patients,
parents and CHMCA staff.
4. Staff may be temporarily assigned to an area throughout the
Akron Children------s Hospital enterprise, based on patient needs
requiring similar knowledge and skill.
5. Other duties as required.
1. Experience in critical care is required.
2. Experience working with all levels within an organization is
3. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
4. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar
software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Associates degree in Nursing [ADS] is required.
Bachelors in Nursing [BSN] is preferred. For employees hired after
July 1, 20
3., BSN is required or must be obtained within 5 years from date of
2. Certification: Registered Nurse licensure is required.
------ Current Health Care Provider BLS training from the American
Heart Association is required.
------ If assigned to critical care areas, ED, Surgical Services,
Sedation Services, Transitional Care/Epilepsy Monitoring Unit, and
Transport, within 1 year of date of hire PALS, ACLS, ATLS, or
PFCCS, NRP, STABLE, ABLS, and EMT-B is required within one year of
------ Nursing Certification such as CCRN, CEN, CFRN, CTRN, or CNPT
is required within two years of hire.
3. Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years is required.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Part TimeFTE: 0.600000
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: GEN NURSING
Keywords: Akron Childrens Hospital, Akron , Transport Nurse, Other , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!