Forestry Specialist / Adv Forestry Specialist- Emerging Technology. / LiDAR
Company: FirstEnergy Corp
Posted on: May 28, 2023
FirstEnergy at a Glance We are a forward-thinking electric
utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making
customers' lives brighter, the environment better and our
communities stronger. - FirstEnergy -(NYSE: FE) is dedicated to
integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence.
Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the
nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000
miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and
Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total
capacity of more than 3,500 megawatts. About the Opportunity This
is an open position with FirstEnergy Service Co., - a subsidiary of
FirstEnergy Corp. The ability to work remotely within the United
States may be available based on business need. - This option is
not available in the states of California, Colorado, Illinois,
Kentucky, Massachusetts, Montana, Nebraska, New York, Oregon or
Washington at this time. VM Program Management Emergent Technology
Specialist: Note* Location is open to any FirstEnergy location
within the operations footprint, subject to the hiring managers
approval. This position is primarily responsible for supporting and
advancing current and future Emerging Technologies for Vegetation
Management on the Transmission, Sub Transmission and Distribution
FirstEnergy System. Responsibilities:
- Demonstrating and directing a solid commitment to all aspects
of safety as a core value.
- Actively demonstrate, be accountable for and encourage behavior
that fosters a culture of integrity and accountability. Ensure that
business activities, processes and procedures are performed in
compliance with all applicable requirements and with the highest of
- Create an inclusive and welcoming work environment where each
employee feels valued, that they belong and are enabled to do their
best every day.
- Supporting current and future Emerging Technologies for the
execution of vegetation management work in areas of bid
preparation, time reporting, invoicing, work planning, tree work,
herbicide work, new construction, storm work, and other unplanned
- Performing tasks and duties required to maintain current
Emergent Technologies implemented.
- Assisting with the development of new innovative technology,
methods, and procedures for vegetation management Emergent
- Maintaining and supporting computer hardware and software for
Emerging Technologies, work management systems, databases, cloud
applications, data management, Artificial Intelligence and Machine
Learning, remote sensing systems including LiDAR, satellite, aerial
imagery, maps, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), navigational
tools and other key applications.
- Updating workflow documentation, reviewing, and editing of
procedures, processes, compliance requirement standards and other
program documents used in vegetation management for achieving
business unit goals, strategies, and transformation initiatives for
new Emerging Technology solutions.
- Ensuring required scope of work for development and
implementation of new Emerging Technologies with internal business
unit Executive Leadership and external vendors is understood and
- Collaborating with other internal cross-functional business
units to support current and implement new Emerging Technologies in
vegetation management and across the entire FirstEnergy
- Administrating Emergent Technology projects with FirstEnergy
staff and external vendors to pilot, develop, and test new
software, hardware and technologies that can be utilized for
- Performing training of internal FirstEnergy employees and
external contractors, developing training material and
presentations, advising and teaching on topics related to current
and new technologies, and monitoring the implementation and
oversight of the Emerging Technologies
- Attending meetings for the development, communication,
training, support, and implementation of current and new Emerging
Technologies with vegetation management staff, contractors, and any
other external stakeholders including industry conferences and peer
- Developing and providing key business metrics for monitoring
data and outputs of the Emerging Technologies.
- Applying advanced image and data analytics from Emerging
Technologies to identify vegetation management trends and drive
efficiency into the vegetation management program and compiling
formal presentations for Executive Leadership.
- Performing storm restoration activities, field observations or
field inspections if required.
- This position will require moderate travel and overnight stays
( Qualifications at the Forestry Specialist:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Conservation, Forestry Science,
Computer Science, Data Analytics, Data Science, or related
discipline In lieu of Bachelor's Degree, Associate Degree along
with 7 (seven) years of related work experience, or High School
Diploma (or GED) along with 14 (fourteen) or more years related
work experience in Conservation, Forestry Science, Computer
Science, Data Analytics, Data Science, or related discipline.
- Knowledge and experience with ESRI's ArcGIS application suite
and other GIS utility applications, highly preferred.
- Must have extensive knowledge and experience with Emerging
Technologies and advanced data analytics.
- Ability to write code to create software programs and debug
programs, a plus.
- Must possess advanced computer proficiency skills with numerous
PC software and applications including but not limited to Microsoft
Office Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and OneNote.
- Excellent ability to communicate and present himself/herself in
a professional manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including
technical writing skills and experience.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and note-taking skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills to gain cooperation with internal
and external customers.
- Must have the ability to manage and motivate others, delegate
tasks, set priorities and ensure deadlines are met.
- Must be self-motivated and able to multi-task with competing
priorities, provide both internal and external quality customer
service in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess interpersonal skills necessary to operate in a
team or consensus decision-making environment, possessing the
ability to make quick assessment and deliver well thought out
decisions when situations arise that require independent
- Must be able to resolve conflict, communicate, negotiate, and
execute as needed in team environments.
- Must have the ability to build relationships and credibility,
and provide staff support to management and higher levels of
- Possess leadership qualities that allow one to provide
effective guidance to others, coach others in effective decision
making and facilitate meetings.
- Must have the ability to proactively work with staff and
contractors to assure there is uniformity, consistency and results
obtained to meet business unit objectives and identify and
implement efficiencies where applicable.
- Ability to work with business units to develop standard
operating procedures, documenting workflow and process steps.
- Must be able to use data analysis and other Emerging Technology
to support strategic process improvement plans, in addition to the
ability to implement and execute process improvement changes for
key performance areas.
- Understand the Company's Accident Prevention Handbook and
possess the ability to work safely.
- Possess the physical ability to perform work in the field in
all weather conditions and traverse difficult terrain to support
and assess the Emergent Technologies.
- Must be willing to perform moderate (
- Must have a personal vehicle to commute to various locations as
required, possessing a valid driver's license. - Benefits,
Compensation & Workforce Diversity At FirstEnergy, employees are
key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the
challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed
to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards
philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive
compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan
with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical,
prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as
well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement.
Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more
about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly
supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified
individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a
previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B
visas at this time. Safety Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy
and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure
employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform
their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their
co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide
a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free
workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these
goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety
standards. Position Classification [[SC00]] - - FirstEnergy Human
Keywords: FirstEnergy Corp, Akron , Forestry Specialist / Adv Forestry Specialist- Emerging Technology. / LiDAR, IT / Software / Systems , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...