Technical Trainer 1 (Necropsy) 1 1 1
Company: Charles River Laboratories
Posted on: January 16, 2022
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to
assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new
drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a
significant impact on the health and well-being of people across
the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance,
IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role
in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career
that you can feel passionate about.Job SummaryBASIC SUMMARY:
Under general supervision, responsible for providing, coordinating,
documenting and scheduling orientation and routine to moderately
complex training activities. Also responsible for developing,
revising, and implementing the use of training documents including
SOPs and processes to support the overall training
program.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with department management to coordinate and/or provide
routine to moderately complex technical training for department
- Assist in providing, coordinating, and scheduling new hire
orientation and on-the-job training for all personnel.
- Ensure that all training provided meets quality and regulatory
requirements. Provide additional training in these areas as
- Maintain, develop, and update all documents and databases used
for the support and conduct of training tasks including but not
limited to training standards, training records, and training
- Collaborate with Training Department management, cross-site
personnel and internal/external resources to develop and implement
new training techniques.
- Assist with the development, training, revision and quality
review of internal processes.
- Assist with SOP development, revision, implementation and
- Perform technical tasks to support completion of study tasks
- Assist with the development, training, and implementation of
new technical procedures.
- May serve as a contact person for AALAS certifications. Provide
proper documents for personnel seeking certification and registry
status, and be knowledgeable of the latest changes in the
certification and registry program (as needed).
- Practice/maintain basic and intermediate technical skills and
procedures, work independently and follow SOPs and processes.
- May participate in conducting sponsor/visitor tours and
interact with clients.
- May provide guidance to less experienced training personnel and
- Assist senior training staff with the development of training
- Perform all other related duties as
- Education Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in animal
or life sciences or related discipline.
- Experience: 1-3 years experience in animal research and/or
husbandry; multi-species experience preferred, or must have
demonstrated full technical competence and satisfactory performance
at the previous level.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be
accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education
and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: AALAS certification at the ALAT level
strongly preferred; or other applicable
- Other: Ability to handle common laboratory species. Proficient
in basic technical skills and the operation of data collection
equipment. Knowledge of GLPs and other federal regulations and
guidelines relating to the care of laboratory animals.
Understanding of routine study design and protocols.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their
preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment
services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory
guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling
studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our
deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that
anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient
journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new
drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment
Keywords: Charles River Laboratories, Akron , Technical Trainer 1 (Necropsy) 1 1 1, IT / Software / Systems , Ashland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!