Information Technology Director
Company: The Smithers Group
Posted on: May 15, 2020
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an
- Strategy:--Develop an information and cybersecurity strategy,
framework and program for Smithers that ensures the safety of
Smithers corporate systems, data and client information.
- Expertise:--Serve as the expert on cybersecurity protection,
detection, response, and recovery.
- Systems & Technology:--Manages and supports an incident
response system, related technologies and coordinates efforts
across multiple operating divisions and their Business Continuity
Plans, to provide for timely business resumption in the event a
serious disruption of service. Recommends, assesses and advocates
for technologies relevant to the position.
- Planning and Budgeting:--Assists lines of business to develop
plans, budgets and advocates for the resources and systems required
to protect the Company's computers, networks, data, and
workstations along with our client information.
- Education:--Implement components of a learning management
system and educate all levels of staff on proper security and data
protection practices and adherence to policies.
- Incident Response:--The director must determine what services
clients require, determining the mix of resources dedicated to
adding capacity in existing capabilities versus the addition of new
- Auditing:--Periodically assess and review divisional and
corporate IT systems, policies, procedures and instructions related
to the safeguarding of systems, data and client information.
- Staffing:--The director liaises and partners with business and
departmental leaders, information technology staff and vendors to
meet planned objectives to protect and maintain our systems and
- Results:--The director is responsible for establishing,
collecting and monitoring security and data protection metrics for
the company and facilitating the safety and security of our company
information and systems.
- A BS/BA degree in computer science or related field
- 10-15 years of experience in a hands-on IT role
- Proven track record of successfully leading security
initiatives with solid skills in business management and a working
knowledge of information security best practices.
- Significant experience managing incident response, computer
crime, or forensics investigation programs required.
- Professional security management certification, such as a
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP),
Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks,
such as ISO 27001 and NIST.
- Significant knowledge of information security technologies,
networking and network architecture required.
- A global perspective on privacy, security, and data protection
issues and trends.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legal and regulatory
requirements including, but not limited to GDPR, FDA, EPA, MHRA and
- Significant knowledge of cyber threat actors and their attack
methodologies are required.
Keywords: The Smithers Group, Akron , Information Technology Director, IT / Software / Systems , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!