Sr. Systems Analyst (Ensemble/Cache Database)
Company: Akron Childrens Hospital
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Summary:The Senior Systems Analyst develops, implements, upgrades
and maintains software applications, including interfaces,
automated workflows and custom reportingResponsibilities:
1. Works with vendors, users and IS staff to determine root causes
of system problems and to implement effective solutions.
2. Demonstrates advanced trouble-shooting skills.
3. Interacts directly with all levels of the organization to assist
in the development of application requirements and to make system
4. Participates in development of test plans and in the testing of
new applications or changes/upgrades to existing ones.
5. Develops a solid understanding of operational business processes
and leverages that knowledge to identify opportunities for
6. Develops and maintains interfaces between internal systems and
with third-party vendors, including design, development, testing,
implementation and documentation.
7. Uses query and report writing tools to create and validate
reports, to validate system changes and to help resolve application
8. Supports and/or extends automated workflows, including design,
development, testing, implementation and documentation.
9. Coordinates efforts of IS, operational staff and vendors to
resolve issues, escalating as necessary.
10. Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to changing
priorities and resource availability, communicating schedule impact
as appropriate to operations and IS management.
11. Demonstrates knowledge of integrated systems and their
12. Mentors team members by sharing technical and applications
knowledge and trouble-shooting techniques.
13. Participates in on-call rotation. Addresses on-call issues
according to SLA guidelines. Transfers issues to other teams as
14. Works with process owners, Project Managers, IS and vendors on
upgrades and ongoing optimization of applications.
15. Works flexible hours as necessary to support implementations,
upgrades and disaster recovery testing.
16. Adheres to change management policy, including creation of test
plans, end user approval and appropriate communication to all
17. Works on multiple projects simultaneously.
18. Attends meetings as appropriate and assumes responsibility for
completion of assigned items.
19. Works independently and as part of a team
20. Tracks progress of assignments and keeps management informed of
21. Keeps current with system functionality changes from
optimizations and upgrades.
22. Participates in on-going professional development
opportunities, including vendor training and user conferences.
23. Other duties as required.
Technical Expertise1. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
2. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar
software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Associates Degree is required; Bachelor's Degree is
2. Certification: None.
3. Years of relevant experience: 5 to 7 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Full TimeFTE: 1.000000
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: IT IS
Keywords: Akron Childrens Hospital, Akron , Sr. Systems Analyst (Ensemble/Cache Database), IT / Software / Systems , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!