Human Resources Specialist, Corporate Support
Company: The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Location: Akron, OH (hybrid)Sponsorship Available: NoRelocation
Assistance Available: NoGoodyear. More Driven.The Human Resources
Generalist - Global Corporate Functions is responsible for
providing Human Resource (HR) support/guidance to specific client
groups under the purview of the Global Corporate Functions team
(Airship/Blimp Operations). This incumbent will directly support
the full Airship/Blimp Operations organization and lead/direct the
day-to-day HR operations, processes and initiatives (as cited
above). This role will sit on the Airship/Blimp Operations
leadership team and develop and advise on policy/employee relations
matters.This role will provide general HR support, including
recruiting, onboarding, and other HR initiatives and process to
Communications, Human Resources and Legal. As well as provide
support for other HR initiatives and processes across the functions
of Communications, Human Resources, and legal as needed.Job
- Lead key HR processes from a project management and
transactional perspective, in support of the overall objectives for
designated client group(s).
- Lead key HR activities (hiring, organization/talent,
performance/talent management and merit/succession planning) within
designated client group(s).
- Be a resource for your client group(s), HR teams/colleagues (in
various centers of excellence [COEs]) regarding implementation,
measurement and improvement of multiple HR processes (e.g.,
recruiting, succession planning, performance management, merit
planning and HR information systems [HRIS].
- Provide coaching/consultation to designated client group(s)
regarding employee relations and HR issues.
- Partner closely with both Legal and management to ensure
appropriate steps are taken to support business needs, while
adhering to all Goodyear policies and state/federal laws.
- Conduct/Manage investigations into harassment, discrimination,
employee relations, fraud, theft and other allegations against the
company, associates and management.
- Own the performance management process (includes conducting
calibration sessions, consulting with designated client group[s]
regarding the handling of poor performers and managing performance
improvement plans and partnering with Legal/management regarding
next steps for associates who do not successfully complete
performance improvement plans [PIPs]).
- Lead organization recruitment needs (includes position
description development, applicant tracking system utilization,
interviewing, offer generation, transfers, etc.) for all positions
within assigned client group(s).
- Manage the engagement survey process (includes execution of
survey, evaluating results, communications, action plans and
- Responsible for ad-hoc reporting from various Human Resource
Information System (HRIS) sources and associated analytics.
- Make recommendations using data to drive performance
improvement within client groups.
- Develop HR process documentation and methods to
communicate/educate managers on proper use of process (for example,
recruiting/on-boarding/exit processes, etc).
- Partner with Human Resource Service Center (HRSC)
Representative to continue to identify process improvements and
transfer of tasks to HRSC.
- Provide support to the Director Human Resources, Global
Communications, Human Resources and Legal in delivery of HR
initiatives and processes to Communications, Human Resources and
Legal as needed.Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or a business related
- Three (3) or more years of experience in Human Resources, with
increasing accountability/responsibility for core Human Resource
- Prior experience supporting salaried, knowledge workers (within
a HR matrix)
- Prior experience investigating, analyzing and solving a myriad
of complex associate relations issues
- Successfully worked in a high-paced, high-volume environment -
Working on activities ranging from strategic to tactical
- Experience in full array of HR processes (talent management,
succession, recruiting/talent assessment, compensation and data
- Masters degree in Human Resources, Business, or related
- SHRM or HRCI CertificationKnowledge/Skills
- Knowledge of Human Resource systems (compliance, compensation,
training, recruiting and staffing, performance management,
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with people at
all levels and environments (salaried/hourly)
- Business partnership skills
- Ability to work with computer systems, email, Microsoft Office
products, Workday, Success Factors, HRIS systems, internet,
- Ability to develop, lead and implement projects of varying
- Strong business acumen and understanding of business
- Teamwork skills that establish/maintain credibility with
clients, HR COEs and HR team members#LI-Hybrid#LI-JB4Goodyear is
one of the worlds largest tire companies. It employs about 72,000
people and manufactures its products in 57 facilities in 23
countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron,
Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art
products and services that set the technology and performance
standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and
its products, go to .Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity
and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to that
individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or
ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status,
genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other
characteristic protected by law.If you need reasonable
accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part
of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate
Care Line at 330.796.4500.Click for more information about Equal
Employment Opportunity laws, and for additional supplementary
Keywords: The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, Akron , Human Resources Specialist, Corporate Support, Human Resources , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!