HR Business Partner - Ashland, Ohio
Company: Charles River Laboratories
Posted on: June 21, 2022
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to
assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new
drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a
significant impact on the health and well-being of people across
the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance,
IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role
in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career
that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV
must be uploaded and submitted during the application process.
Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.Job
SummaryCharles River Laboratory is seeking a critical thinking,
organized and energetic Human Resources Business Partner to join
our team, supporting the Safety Assessment business at the Ashland,
OH site.Will function as an HR generalist, providing senior level
HR guidance and support for assigned client group(s). This hands-on
role provides expertise in the areas of employee relations,
workforce planning, performance management, compensation, employee
retention, coaching/development, conflict management and ad hoc
projects as necessary.Ideally an on-site position with opportunity
to work from home.
- Consult with leaders in areas such as organizational
assessment, employee relations, talent acquisition, work force
planning and change leadership in order to strengthen overall
- Acts as a trusted advisor and partner to line management by
gathering and analyzing HR and client information to drive the
development and implementation of solutions to drive employee
engagement and reduce turnover.
- Collaborate closely with the regional HR team in the
implementation of initiatives to drive Core, Common and Consistent
- Assist with integrating Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
processes and programs into the People Strategy.
- Proactively bring solutions to continuously improve HR support
to the business around efficiency, process and performance.
- Coach and partner with managers to resolve complex employee
relations issues including performance management, facilitation of
formal/informal complaints; partnering with legal partner when
- Conduct Compensation analysis in partnership with Compensation
partner to determine local compensation needs and actions.
- May partner with SME's to develop and facilitate training on HR
- Ensure documentation and HRIS transactions are processed in a
- Performs other duties as assigned.Job Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in human resources
management or related discipline
- 3+ years proven HR generalist experience
- PHR/SPHR preferred
- Must have demonstrated skills in change management and
- Key skills and abilities include; coaching, influencing,
facilitation, process development, project management, analysis,
presentation and problem solving
- Must possess strong computer skills with demonstrated
proficiency in HRIS and MS Office Suite
- Working knowledge of EEO, Federal & State employment laws,
Worker's Comp, STD and LTD issues
- Must demonstrate the highest level of integrity, ethical
behavior and be able to maintain confidential information
- Keeps commitments; exhibits candor and courage - is not afraid
to establish a visible presence and point of view, to engage in
spirited and constructive debate, to hold others
accountableIMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for
this position. If you have not uploaded your resume in your
candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your
Charles River is a U.S. Federal Contractor. As a result, we must
follow the Presidential Executive Order to mandate vaccinations,
and ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Our
main priority is the wellbeing, health, and safety of our people.
We require proof of vaccination from all employees.
Anyone with requests for disability-related and/or religious
exemptions should contact Talent Acquisition
(crrecruitment_US@crl.com) so that information can be provided
about the accommodation process at Charles River.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles
River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales,
Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They
partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and
drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are
essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and
operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and
Keywords: Charles River Laboratories, Akron , HR Business Partner - Ashland, Ohio, Human Resources , Ashland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!