HR Gray: Construction Manager
Company: The Haskell Company
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Here at Haskell, we are in the business of building meaningful
relationships, both with our clients and employees. If you're
searching for a fast-paced, dynamic position filled with
opportunities to work with industry leaders around the globe, come
build your career at Haskell. Specializing in consumer products,
aerospace, government and healthcare, Haskell is an industry leader
in Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC). With 23 offices
in three countries, we are constantly expanding our capabilities in
engineering, architecture and construction.
HR Gray - Construction Manager
This entry-level field-managerial member of the client's
representative project team, aiding in the administration of
construction projects. Will assist the project management personnel
with review of contractors' submittals, requests for information
(RFI), change orders, etc. Will collect and organize inspectors'
daily reports, logs, sketches, and as-built information to ensure
adequate documentation of the construction. As assigned, may
coordinate the project's inspection team and provide direction in
* Assist in administration of project processes including
submittals, RFIs, pay applications, and change management.
* Analyze and understand contract documents including plans,
specifications, and geotechnical reports.
* Compile inspection team's field information and produce reports
* Maintain as-built information.
* Coordinate field inspection teams and materials testing services
* Coordinate with management and engineering staff to develop
solutions to field problems.
* Assist project manager in claims mitigation.
* Assist project manager in project close-out activities.
* Operate any radio communications equipment.
* Operate motor vehicle in field as assigned.
* Two (2) years as HRG Construction Inspector II, or BS in Civil
Engineering, or Ten (10) years Construction Management
* Required Certifications: CMIT, or obtain CMIT or FE within One
(1) years if new hire CM-I; Desirable Certifications: ACI, NICET,
OSHA, ODOT, APWA certifications are pluses.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, License, Certifications Etc..:
* Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to relay information
between office and field staff.
* Excellent math skills, including geometry and trigonometry.
* Ability to work with various project management software systems
to administer project processes.
* Ability to assess and solve problems.
* Ability to analyze and understand contract documents including
plans, specifications, and geotechnical reports.
* Knowledge in areas of design, technology, math, construction,
customer service, management and computers.
* High level of initiative
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
* Ability to understand and execute the company vision and values
of Team, Excellence, Service and Trust.
* Accountability: Accepting responsibility that results in
anticipation/prevention of problem areas from actions, and problem
solving inside and outside the department/organization.
* Customer Focus: Makes service to internal and external customers
a priority; focuses on exceeding customer expectations, not just
meeting them; recognizes and values all key stakeholders; applies
and develops service excellence skills.
* Effective Communication: Listens for understanding and
appreciation, encourages open feedback; presents clearly and
effectively one on one, and in small and large group settings;
considers the audience in preparing messages and in choosing the
appropriate communication channels; creates and encourages open
channels of communication.
* Execution/Empowerment: Demonstrates the ability to get results;
manages competing demands in fast paced environment with effective
results; identifies and creates contingency solutions to ensure
* Learning & Development: Learning new skills and increasing
capabilities a high priority; takes action to address development
needs in self and others, if applicable; identifies gaps and
learning opportunities to ensure complete technical job
proficiency; takes responsibility for own development and skills
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: The Haskell Company, Akron , HR Gray: Construction Manager, Human Resources , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!