Bartender in Akron, OH at Firestone Country Club
Company: Akron, OH, United States
Posted on: September 13, 2023
Day to Day:
- Maintain Invited service standards as outlined in the F&B
Service training program at high standards.
- Prepare set-up appropriately at start of shift (i.e., put
bottles out, set up garnish tray, check and stock juices, stock
glassware, fill ice bin.)
- Consistently check bar area for cleanliness and ensure that all
necessary items are in place.
- Ensure that all liquor items are stocked and ready to use.
Responsible for liquor control and accurate pouring of
- Possess clear knowledge of all various liquors, beer, and wines
available at the Club.
- Assist with the service of food and beverage to the Members and
guests at the bar, adhering to the Invited standards of
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of the a la carte menu,
including daily features and specials that may not be available
directly on the menu.
- Accurately execute Member/guest orders and requests in a timely
- Know Members names and greet them promptly in a manner to
provide a warm welcome and making them feel at home.
- Ensure daily assignments and side work is complete in
respective areas to meet Club standards (i.e., orderly/organized
work areas, consistently sanitize work areas, refill/stock
containers and supplies, etc.).
- Assist fellow Employees, Members and guests to ensure delivery
of the Three Steps Service without being directed. Be aware of team
members and the environment and participate as a member of the
- Notify management of Member/Guest complaints at the time they
occur. Practice good service recovery by rectifying any complaints
as soon as possible.
- Complete additional duties as assigned periodically by the
F&B Director, Service Director, Private Events Director, etc.
All the other stuff we do:
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the company's operation,
it may be necessary that each Employee Partner perform a multitude
of different functions; therefore, as an essential part of your
position, you will be expected to help others when the occasion
arises, just as other Employee Partners are expected to help you.
Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed
or as directed.
- Adhere to all of the various company, club and department
written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures,
manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up
the essential functions of the job.
- Demonstrate good teamwork.
- Work well under pressure, coordinating multiple tasks at any
- Responsible for attendance at all Service Training Meetings as
- Maintain good conduct and safe working habits while in all
areas of the Club and assure that others are acting safely.
- Attend daily line-up and participate as requested.
- Wear a clean and neat uniform that follows Invited and your
property's uniform standards daily. About you:
- A high school diploma, preferred.
- Previous Food and Beverage experience, preferred.
- Alcohol and food safety awareness certificate.
- Excellent communication skills and articulate speech. Ability
to follow instructions well
- You always perform at the highest level of ethical work
- You are comfortable working in both indoor and occasional
outdoor environments Physical Requirements:
- Standing, walking, exposure to temperature changes, dust,
fumes, or gases, climbing/ladders, squatting/kneeling, reaching,
grasping, pushing/pulling, twisting/bending,
lifting/carrying/pushing/pulling up to 100 lbs. on occasion,
folding/unfolding, talking, hearing, and seeing.
Primary tools/equipment used in this position and approximate
- Trays (2 - 60 lbs.)
- POS System
- Bottle Opener
- Wine Knife
Attendance Requirements for this position: Attendance Requirements
for this position as outlined on the weekly schedule. Additional
hours are required to meet deadlines of the position, including
weekends and/or holidays.
Keywords: Akron, OH, United States, Akron , Bartender in Akron, OH at Firestone Country Club, Hospitality & Tourism , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!