Prepared Foods/Deli Supervisor
Company: Mustard Seed Health Food Market, Inc.
Posted on: September 24, 2022
We are Northeast Ohio's largest locally owned Natural Food
Store, proudly serving our communities for 37 years. Our specialty
is providing high quality natural and organic foods and products
along with education on food issues and the environment. We adhere
to strict ingredient standards and promote locally grown food. Job
Summary Supervises daily operating procedures of the Market
Kitchen. Trains, delegates work assignments to Service Staff and
handles any disciplinary issues with Service Staff. Provides
excellent customer service. Performs a variety of duties relating
to retail food service including greeting, serving, suggestive
selling and limited preparation (garnishing and plating) of hot and
cold food. Stocks and replenishes Market Kitchen retail area and
maintains sanitation standards. Responsible customer service is a
major component of this position. Supervisory Responsibilities
Market Kitchen Servers Responsibilities
- Delegates work assignments effectively to Market Kitchen
Servers and supervises their work; handles disciplinary action as
needed with the direction and guidance of the Team Leader.
- Trains Service Staff.
- Oversees department in absence of Team Leader.
- Provides prompt and courteous customer service.
- Handles all hot and cold foods appropriately during preparation
and service times, safety and sanitation practiced
- Ensures all food and supplies are stored under proper
conditions, covered, labeled, and dated.
- Ensures retail area is stocked, cleaned, organized, and
restocked throughout the shift, and that items are properly
- Ensures all display foods are merchandised attractively as per
- Oversees salad and soup bar ensuring it is well-stocked and
- Maintains appropriate portion control and merchandising
standards during service.
- Maintains post check out area.
- Cleans equipment as assigned thoroughly and in a timely
- Monitors customer buying trends and makes relevant
recommendations for product additions and deletions.
- Accurately inventories supplies daily and requisitions items
needed to meet par levels.
- Informs Production Chefs in a timely manner when food
quantities are low.
- Relays relevant comments from customers directly to
- Maintains standard operating procedures in accordance with
- guidelines and outside licensed and certification
- Adheres to all company and department policies and guidelines
and outside licenses and certification authorities.
- Complies with Health Department regulations for safe handling
and storing of food.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Education And Experience (E
= Essential D = Desired) (E) High school education or equivalent
(E) 1-2 years experience in food service industry (D) At least 5
years previous supervisory experience Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Interpersonal skills
- Food Presentation skills
- Written & Verbal skills
- Basic computer skills using the windows operating system
including internet, printing, and email
- Basic usage of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word,
- Demonstrated supervisory skills in addressing associate job
performance/disciplinary issue PM19
Keywords: Mustard Seed Health Food Market, Inc., Akron , Prepared Foods/Deli Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!