Assistant Director of Culinary Services
Company: Mustard Seed Health Food Market, Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2022
We are Akron's original healthy restaurant and prepared foods
grocer that features all natural and organic ingredients, made
fresh to order and served with a smile! Our forward-thinking menus
offers a wide variety of Gluten Free friendly, Hormone and
Antibiotic free Meats, Vegetarian, Vegan and Allergen-Friendly
cuisine inspired from around the world. We take great pride in
creating amazing food and top level service!
Job SummaryProvides support to the Director of Culinary Services by
ensuring the highest quality customer service as provided through
friendly, knowledgeable associates and Market Kitchen products
(prepared, frozen, catering, concert catering and bakery) being in
stock and available for sale. Oversees food production in
accordance with company policy and ingredient standards. Helps
develop menus, trains staff on food safety, cooking methods,
presentations, techniques, portion control, and whole food
concepts. Ensures that the kitchen maintains a safe and sanitary
work environment. Builds a strong team by serving as a mentor to
- Performs a variety of culinary (cooking) duties in a production
oriented, scratch kitchen.
- Leads team by example in maintaining a high level of food
safety at all times.
- Builds a strong kitchen team by working with the entire team to
further the Mustard Seed Market and Caf-- mission.
- Builds strong relationships within the culinary department and
with other departments in the company to facilitate strong
communication regarding department activities/projects.
- Trains staff on cooking methods, presentation techniques, and
- Completes daily food safety checklist and Operation Pre-Op
- In conjunction with Director of Culinary Services, mentor and
develop culinary associates.
- Serves as a leader on Mustard Seed Market and Cafe Food Safety
- Works with service staff to ensure total customer
- Travel to other stores or off-site events to work on special
projects as assigned.
- Continue to advance knowledge in healthy alternative eating
- Performs all production, on-site and off-site catering and
concert catering functions as needed.
- In conjunction with Director of Culinary Services, is
responsible for recipe development with an emphasis on nutritional
and special dietary needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Education And Experience
- High School education or equivalent
- 10 Years General Culinary experience
- 5 years Production Cook experience
- 2 years Catering/Event Management Experience (on and off
- 5 years leadership experience.
- Culinary Degree preferredKnowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to Plan, Organize and Control
- Knowledge of food sanitation requirements and regulations
- Knowledge and ability to implement food safety plans
- Basic math ability
- Excellent knife skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Computer skillsPM19
Keywords: Mustard Seed Health Food Market, Inc., Akron , Assistant Director of Culinary Services, Hospitality & Tourism , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!