Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Job Summary:Under the direction of the Team Manager Surgical
Services in collaboration with the Director, Surgical Services, the
RN Operating Room Staff is responsible for providing nursing care
in accordance with the Standards of Safe Nursing Practice/Ohio
Administrative Code and Understanding Scopes of Practice/Ohio Board
of Nursing and ANA Scope and Standards of Care. The RN Operating
Room Staff is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and
evaluating care for a given patient population within the
established standards and practices of AGMC.
- ASSESSMENTS: Completes ongoing assessments.
- Recognizes significant changes in patient's condition and
- PLANNING: Develops measurable goals for identified
- Updates goals for identified problems.
- Involves the patient/family (or designee) in developing a plan
of care individualized to patient cultural, religious and
- Coordinates the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Serves as a patient advocate.
- IMPLEMENTATION: Provides nursing care based on patient-centered
outcomes and standards of care that are based on current research
and evidence-based practice.
- Administers patient care and treatments safely in accordance
with the Standards of Safe Nursing Practice and institutional
- Administers medications safely in accordance with the Standards
of Safe Nursing Practice and institutional policy.
- Documents legibly using concise terms, correct terminology and
- EVALUATION: Participates in on-going interdisciplinary
evaluation of patient/family outcomes and contributes to the
improvement of care.
- Participates in the quality improvement processes.
- LEADERSHIP/PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Delegates
tasks/assignments to employees according to their ability and
within the scope of their job descriptions and according to the
Delegation by Licensed Nurses, Ohio Administrative Code.
- Serves as a resource person sharing knowledge/skills.
- Acts as a role model/mentor.
- Recognizes and acknowledges peer accomplishments.
- Accepts/receives constructive criticism.
- Participates in the Peer and Self-Review process.
- Pursues on-going education and/or certification in
- Maintains membership in professional organizations.
- Involves self in professional development opportunities
including community activities.
- Adheres to values/guest service standards and Guiding
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain
organization and department specific competencies and requirements.
Maintains applicable certification/licensure. Maintains BLS.
- Follows hospital and department policies and procedures with
special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality,
dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Department Specific Duties: Plans for patient care utilizing
both patient specific information and preference sheets and assists
in collecting and preparing equipment, instruments, sutures, and
implants (if applicable) in a timely manner.
- Applies observation and specific knowledge to anticipate needs
of the surgical team to produce a smooth case progression and
- Acts as patient advocate, identifying patient and confirming
that surgical site identification has been performed without
- Assumes professional responsibilities including timely arrival
for assignments, timely response to on-call pages, and maintenance
of room schedule.
- Ensures surgical specimens are handled correctly by accurate
- Other duties as assignedEducation:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing BSN
- Licensed as a registered nurse in the state of Ohio.
- BLS requiredComplexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population
- Successfully completes mandatory clinical competencies
annually.Work Experience:Physical Requirements:
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as requiredThe policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all
of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free
and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by
testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be
rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for
nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland
Clinics Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open
positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers
and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified
candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin,
age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a
disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic
protected by law. Information provided on this application may be
shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.Cleveland Clinic is
pleased to be an equal employment employer:
Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Akron , RN-Operating-Room-Staff-OR-Experience-Required-7a-730p-Vary-Start, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!