MSW Social Worker Home Health in Akron, Ohio - Careers at Caretenders
Posted on: August 14, 2019
The Licensed Clinical Social Worker (MSW, LCSW, Medical Social
Worker) in Home Health assists patients and families in coping with
problems resulting from severe or long-term illness, and with
difficulties in recovery and rehabilitation. The Social Worker
(MSW) will assess, diagnose, and treat patient's mental and social
conditions, counsel individuals and-or families, and update case
records. The licensed social worker with a master's degree performs
these functions under the supervision of the licensed master's
degreed social worker.
Caretenders, a part of LHC Group. is the preferred post-acute care
partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From
home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and
community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective
care that empowers patients to manage their health at home.
Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with
LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More
hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are
united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping
**this is a PRN position**
- Assists the patient, significant others, physician, and health
care team staff to understand significant personal, emotional,
environmental, and social factors and difficulties related to the
patient's health problems; which interfere with maximizing the
benefit of medical services and the plan of care.
- Contributes as a health care team member to the development of
comprehensive, integrated treatment plans for patients.
- Instructs health care team members on community resources
available to assist patients.
- Plans for continuity of care with hospitals and community
- Assesses and treats social and emotional factors related to
patient's illness to determine ability to cope with daily living
- Assists the patient and significant others to understand,
accept, follow, and implement medical recommendations.
- Assists the patient and significant others in utilizing
community resources which will help the patient to achieve and
maintain optimal functioning.
- Identifies gaps in community resources and stimulates resource
development and/or improvement.
- Visits patient according to Plan of Treatment; completes a
progress note for each visit; and submits progress notes to the
agency on an at least weekly basis.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as
- Provides in-service to agency staff as needed
- Sends the physician a written summary report on patient's
condition at least every 60 days
- All other duties as assigned
- Master's Degree from a school of Social Work accredited by the
Council of Social Work Education.
- One year of social work experience in a healthcare setting.
- Current CPR certification.
- Current driver's license, vehicle insurance, and access to a
dependable vehicle or public transportation.
Additional State Specific Requirements
- Licensed as a SocialWorker from the StateBoard of Social
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that
---it---s all about helping people,--- and we live by those words
today. It---s our mission to provide exceptional care and
unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their
trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part
of the LHC Group family, you---re choosing a career path that will
challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.Every day,
all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people.
There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the
patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this
because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist.
It---s our purpose.--
Keywords: Caretenders, Akron , MSW Social Worker Home Health in Akron, Ohio - Careers at Caretenders, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!