Manager Pharmacy Operations (Clinical Services) - Cleveland Clinic Akron General
Company: Cleveland Clinic Akron General
Posted on: December 7, 2018
Under the direct supervision of the Director, Pharmacy, the Manager, Pharmacy Operations/Clinical Services is responsible for directing the daily activities of the Clinical Services of the Pharmacy to ensure safe and efficient operation of the department
- Supervises activities of the Pharmacy personnel and oversees daily pharmaceutical care services of the department.
- Assists in planning and implementing new and revised programs/services.
- Manages professional personnel within their scope of responsibilities including hiring, training, evaluating, disciplinary action, and scheduling.
- Prepares and reviews various management reports to make appropriate recommendations.
- Responsible for identifying the need for and development of all policies necessary to ensure the safe and efficient delivery of medication use practices.
- Maintains appropriate quality control and quality assurance program standards.
- Oversees and participates in orienting and training of new personnel relative to clinical and/or operational issues.
- Supervises maintenance of required departmental records according to regulations.
- Assists with preparation of capital and operating budgets; administers budgets to attain objectives as assigned.
- Attends continuing education programs to remain abreast of current pharmacy practices and to maintain licensure.
- Performs duties of other Pharmacy managers as necessary.
- Follows Hospital and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department-specific competencies and requirements. Cleveland Clinic Akron General is a 532-bed adult, tertiary care, Level I Trauma center that has been serving the healthcare and wellness needs of Akron and the surrounding communities for over 100 years. Additionally, Cleveland Clinic Akron General has regional referral centers in Cardiology, Cancer, and Orthopedics. As a major teaching hospital, Cleveland Clinic Akron General trains future physicians and pharmacists through 14 high-quality medical and pharmacy residency programs. Cleveland Clinic Akron General was nationally ranked in one adult specialty and identified as one of the 2018-2019 “Best Hospitals” in Ohio by U.S. News & World Report. The Department of Pharmacy at Cleveland Clinic Akron General employs more than 80 pharmacists, residents, pharmacy interns, technicians, and other support personnel whose primary goal is to provide excellent patient care. The pharmacy provides services at Cleveland Clinic Akron General, the McDowell Cancer Center, the Visiting Nurse Services Hospice Care Center, an Ambulatory Care Center, Lodi Community Hospital, and three free standing emergency departments and four infusion centers. Patient care areas at Cleveland Clinic Akron General are served by a central pharmacy and operating room. Distributive services are supported by Swisslog PillPick® and BoxPicker® automated packing, storage, and dispensing systems. The pharmacy provides clinical services with clinical specialists in the areas of internal medicine, family practice, endocrinology, pain management, palliative care, surgical intensive care, medical intensive care, neurologic intensive care, cardiovascular intensive care, infectious diseases, emergency medicine, psychiatric medicine, hematology/ oncology, and quality improvement. Clinical services are also provided through a High-risk Patient - Clinical Generalist model, transitions of care, and diabetes needs assessments. Additionally, the pharmacy is very involved in teaching serving as an Advanced and Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experience training site for several colleges of pharmacy. Contact: Michael Hoying, RPh, MS Director of Pharmacy, Cleveland Clinic Akron General Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic Akron General, Akron , Manager Pharmacy Operations (Clinical Services) - Cleveland Clinic Akron General, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!