LPN School Health
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: September 19, 2023
About Akron Children's Hospital Akron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at akronchildrens.org. OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason We are seeking people who
are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients,
family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and
personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
The LPN School Health provides school health services as directed
by the School Health Services, Clinical Coordinator (Registered
Nurse) to the student population serviced. Responsibilities:
1. Provides school health services as directed by Registered Nurse
2. Maintains appropriate student health records and documents
3. Provides the clinical care necessary within the department,
including routine, special needs and emergency first aide.
4. Communicates with parents/guardians, school authorities, and
5. Participates in the educational efforts of the department and
6. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
for the physical, psychosocial, educational, and safety needs of
the patients served regardless of age and developmental status.
7. Other duties as required. Other information:
1. Experience as an LPN is required.
2. Experience in a school setting is preferred.
3. Minimum 6 months experience in healthcare is required.
4. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar
software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Graduate from an accredited school of practical
nursing is required.
2. Certification: Licensed Practical Nurse licensure is
3. Years of relevant experience: 6 months is required.
4. Years of experience supervising: None Part Time FTE: 0.600000
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn
Position: SCHOOL HEALTH
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Akron , LPN School Health, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!