RN Transfer Access Specialist
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: September 10, 2023
About Akron Children's Hospital Akron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at akronchildrens.org. OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason We are seeking people who
are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients,
family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and
personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive. Part
Time 24 hours per week Day Shift Summary: An RN Transfer Access
Specialist is a critical part of the Access and Navigation Center
by accepting patients for Transport via "Quick Accept Guidelines"
(QAG), while managing bed assignments and mobilization of the
Transport Team. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for promoting and maintaining quality patient care
through effective management of the activities that come through
the Access and Navigation Center.
- Accepts patients for Transport via "Quick Accept Guidelines"
(QAG) escalating to ED/Specialty Provider when required.
- Triage calls to the appropriate Specialty Medical Care
- Manage EPIC Grand Central Bed Assignment Process. Acts as
primary point of contact for patient bed and unit assignment, based
on urgency of care, policy guidelines and departmental
- Communicates with appropriate leaders when situations may have
serious impact to patients, staff or the hospital.
- Participates in periodic review of the Access and Navigation
Center operations, policy and procedure updates, continuous
- Maintains operational aspects of the unit in collaboration with
- Other duties as required. Other information: Technical
- Working with all levels of the organization is required.2.
Demonstrated skills in critical thinking and crisis
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar
software is required. Experience with EMR (EPIC or other) is
- Knowledge of state and local Emergency Medical Dispatch
regulations is required. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's degree in nursing is required.
- Certification: Currently licensed to practice nursing in the
State of Ohio is required. Current American Heart Association BLS
is required. PALS, NRP, ACLS, or TNCC is preferred.
- Certifications (such as EMT, and/or EMD or equivalent) are
strongly encouraged, and if required by position description, must
be current. IAMTCS (International Association of Medical Transport
Communication Specialists), Certified Communicator Course of
equivalent education is encouraged within two years of hire.
Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) certification is encouraged within
two years of hire, as Children's receives emergency requests for
transport from the general public.
- Years of Experience: 3 years' RN experience required, pediatric
experience required; critical care or emergency services
- Years of Experience Supervising: None required Part Time FTE:
0.600000 Status: Onsite Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal
Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans,
and Individual with Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy
paste the link below to learn more:
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Akron , RN Transfer Access Specialist, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!