Occupational Therapist Akron and North Canton
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: January 27, 2023
About Akron Children's HospitalAkron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at akronchildrens.org .OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonPrior to the start date,
full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full
vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received
vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.We are
seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment
in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds,
cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can
Part Time (28 hours per week), 8 hours a week in Akron, 20 hours a
week in North Canton
Must be able to work as early as 7am and as late as 7pm
Summary: The Occupational Therapist utilizes professional knowledge
and behaviors to evaluate/assess and treat patients with a variety
of physical, educational, or psychosocial disabilities.
1. Utilizes professional knowledge and behaviors to evaluate,
assess and treat patients with a variety of physical, educational,
or psychosocial disabilities.
2. Communicates effectively with patient, family members, and team
members as needed.
3. Performs appropriate and necessary documentation and
4. Supervises COTA/L, volunteer, or student per OT regulations.
5. Other duties as required.
1. Experience in pediatric occupational therapy is preferred.
2. Experience working with all levels within an organization is
3. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
4. Proficiency in MS Office Outlook, Excel, Word or similar
software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Bachelor's degree in Occupational Therapy is
required; Master's degree is preferred.
2. Certification: Certification by National Board for Certification
in Occupational Therapy and current Ohio state licensure is
3. Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Part Time FTE: 0.500000
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: ALLIED HEALTH REHAB
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Akron , Occupational Therapist Akron and North Canton, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!