Mental Health Therapist - Partial Hospitalization
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: January 25, 2023
About Akron Children's HospitalAkron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at .OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonPrior to the start date,
full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full
vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received
vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.We are
seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment
in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds,
cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can
Partial HospitalizationFull-Time Days
The Mental Health Therapist applies graduate-level clinical
counseling skills/social work to the psychosocial assessment of
individuals, adolescents, families, and groups and provides
graduate-level clinical social work/counseling interventions as
appropriate to client needs in the context of the department. -
- Conducts initial patient and family psychosocial assessment,
and triages care accordingly.
- Communicates with staff regarding assessment, treatment and
interdisciplinary care plan through documentation, and meetings
such as patient rounds.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety
needs of the patients served.
- Ethical and timely completion of documentation as is expected
in the context of the department.
- Consistent use of evidenced based trauma and risk assessment
tools.Outpatient Add On:
- Complete Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) interventions in
additional to other clinical evidence-based treatment modalities to
assist patient and families in the completion of their
individualized service plans. PHP/IOP Add On:
- Use of CBT and DBT (Dialectical Based Therapy) interventions
through individual, group, and family therapy, to support client in
achieving therapeutic goals.Technical Expertise
- Experience working with electronic medical record software,
such as EPIC, is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or
similar software is required.Education and Experience
- Education: Masters' Degree in Social Work or Clinical Mental
Health Counseling is required.
- Certification: Licensed Social Worker, Licensed Independent
Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed
Professional Clinical Counselor required.
- Years of relevant experience:Minimum 3 years of relevant
experience is preferred. -Full Time -FTE: 1.000000
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: ALLIED HEALTH OTHER
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Akron , Mental Health Therapist - Partial Hospitalization, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!