LPN w Med Card - $2,000 Sign on bonus offered
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: November 25, 2022
About Akron Children's HospitalAkron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at .OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonPrior to the start date,
full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full
vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received
vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.We are
seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment
in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds,
cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can
Full-time, 40 hours/weekVariable day shiftOnsite$2,000 Sign on
bonus [taxable] available
Summary:The Licensed Practical Nurse with Medication Designation
License assists in assessing, planning, and delivering nursing care
for a group of patients under the delegation of a Registered Nurse.
Assists in patient/family education as well as teaching staff
members within her own capabilities and under the direction of a
Registered Nurse. Provides to individuals and groups nursing care
requiring the application of basic knowledge of the biological,
physical, behavioral, social, and nursing sciences at the direction
of a licensed physician, dentist, podiatrist, chiropractor, or
registered nurse. -Responsibilities:
1. Performs assessment duties, monitors and collects data that
contributes to the initial and ongoing assessment, communicates
abnormal patient findings.
2. Performs planning duties, contributes to the development of
patient care and discharge plans under the direction of an RN,
prioritizes tasks and treatments for assigned patients. Performs
nursing care delivery duties.
3. Participates in educational efforts of the department and
4. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
for the physical, psychosocial, educational, and safety needs of
the patients served regardless of age and developmental status.
5. Understands and adheres to regulatory standards as they apply to
the nursing profession.
6. Other duties as required. -Other information:
1. Excellent patient care skills required.
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
3. Experience working with all levels within an organization is
4. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
5. Proficient in MS Office Suite [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar
software is required. Experience with Epic or similar EMR is
Education and Experience
1. Education: Graduate from an accredited school of practical
nursing or an Associate's Degree in Nursing is required.
2. Certification: Licensed Practical Nurse with Medication/IV
designation licensure is required or eligible for
--- Current Health Care Provider BLS training from the American
Heart Association is required.
--- Additional specific certifications may be required based on the
department or unit.
3. Years of relevant experience: 0 to 2 years is required.
4. Years of experience supervising: None -Full Time -FTE:
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: GEN NURSING
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Akron , LPN w Med Card - $2,000 Sign on bonus offered, Healthcare , Fairlawn, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!