Office Medical Assistant ACHP - $2,000 sign on bonus offered
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: November 24, 2022
About Akron Children's HospitalAkron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at .OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonPrior to the start date,
full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full
vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received
vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.We are
seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment
in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds,
cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can
Monday-Friday, rotating SaturdaysDaysPart Time$2,000 Sign on bonus
The Office Medical Assistant at Akron Children's Hospital
Pediatrics (ACHP) provides specific clinical care to designated
1. Reports to the Practice Manager and under the clinical
supervision and direction of a Physician provides specific clinical
care to designated patients.
2. Collects data that contributes to the assessment and evaluation
of individualized care and needs of assigned patients, including
discharge plans, under the direction of the licensed nurse.
3. Performs hearing and vision screening evaluations.
4. Obtains nasopharyngeal and other specimens for testing and may
5. Administers vaccines and medications, including antibiotics, as
directed by the physician according to policy and procedure.
6. Maintains the clinical and exam areas.
7. Documents test results in the electronic medical record
8. Answers basic health care questions via phone for parents using
9. Performs other assigned tasks to promote efficient operation and
contribute to the provision of quality patient care.
10. Assists with filing and appointment scheduling as needed
11. Other duties as required. -Other information:
- Experience in phlebotomy is preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience in medical terminology is
- Experience working in a healthcare environment is
- Experience working in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
or similar software is required.
- Experience working in electronic medical record (i.e. EPIC) or
similar software is preferred.
-Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required;
- Completion of an approved Medical Assistant Program, or EMT
Program, or Paramedic Program required or must be a Medical
Assistant with certification.
- Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS) training from the
American Heart Association is required;
- Phlebotomy certification is preferred.
- Years of relevant experience: Minimum one (1) year of
experience is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: None. -Part Time -FTE:
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: MEDICAL ASSISTANT
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Akron , Office Medical Assistant ACHP - $2,000 sign on bonus offered, Healthcare , Hudson, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!