School Clinical Coordinator
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: November 24, 2022
About Akron Children's Hospital Akron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at akronchildrens.org. OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason Prior to the start date,
full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full
vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received
vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement. We are
seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment
in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds,
cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can
The School Clinical Coordinator is responsible for the provision of
school health services to the student population served. This
position assists the Manager in the daily operations of the school
district assigned in collaboration with the interdisciplinary
teams. This position is responsible for planning, implementing, and
evaluating delivery of student care within the school building of
the assigned district. The School Clinical Coordinator contributes
to development and evaluation of the assigned nursing personnel.
This position is also responsible for assisting and providing
nursing care, utilizing specialized knowledge, judgement, and
1. Provides leadership and direction regarding departmental goals
and as directed by contract.
2. Demonstrates personal and professional accountability for
themselves and the staff.
3. Maintains school clinic safety for staff and students.
4. Participates in performance improvement.
5. Participates in and supports staff recruitment and retention
6. Supports and assists with Human Resource Management including
but not limited to coaching, development, and evaluation of nursing
7. Promotes a positive work environment and staff engagement.
8. Serves as a clinical resource to the interdisciplinary team.
9. Maintains appropriate student health records and documents
10. Communicates effectively with management, parents/guardians,
school authorities, and allied personnel.
11. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
for the physical psychological, social, educational, and safety
needs of the students served.
12. Other duties as required.
1. Experience in a school setting preferred.
2. Experience in pediatric nursing preferred.
3. Experience working within in multidisciplinary team is
4. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar
software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Must be a graduate of an accredited school of
nursing. Bachelor's of Science in Nursing required.
2. Certification: BLS is required. Registered Nurse Licensure
3. Years of experience: Minimum 1 year experience in healthcare
required. Minimum 1 year in a similar role preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None
Part Time FTE: 0.600000 Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal
Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans,
and Individual with Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy
paste the link below to learn more:
Position: GEN NURSING
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Akron , School Clinical Coordinator, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!