RN Surgical Services
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Under the direct supervision of the Director, Nursing ASC, the
RN Surgical Services, is accountable for delivery of cost
effective, quality patient care, using the nursing process and body
of knowledge from various health care disciplines. The RN is
responsible for providing nursing care to patients based on
established standards of nursing care, by managing assigned
personnel and by collaborating with members of other health care
- Completes preoperative assessment.
- Assesses, develops and documents plans for appropriate
patient/family educational needs.
- Provides interoperative patient/family education.
- Develops plans of care and sets goals utilizing concepts of
managed care as appropriate.
- Participates in direct delivery of patient care, maintaining a
safe, comfortable environment for patients.
- Collaborates with other health care team members to coordinate
medical and nursing management of patient care.
- Demonstrates satisfactory performance for established and new
routines, procedures and skills as assigned.
- Assigns/delegates appropriate patient care activities to other
nursing staff based on patient needs and skill level/qualifications
of staff members.
- Participates in unit and center performance improvement
- Assists in orientation of registered nurses and other center
- Establishes effective interpersonal relationships with
patients, families and other health care team members.
- Functions as circulating or scrub nurse according to unit
- Assists in other clinical areas, if necessary, when
- Functions efficiently with computerized charting.
- Follows system and department policies and procedures with
special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality,
dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain
organization and department specific competencies and requirements.
Maintains applicable certification/licensure. Maintains current
Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing BSN
- Currently licensed in the State of Ohio. Maintains current
Basic Life Support (BLS).
Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population
- Must have knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Two years prior perioperative OR nursing experience.
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of
- Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- Requires some exposure to communicable disease or bodily
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Akron , RN Surgical Services, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!