Certified Medical Assistant
Company: Laurel Lake
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionLaurel Lake is seeking a Medical Assistant!Laurel
Lake Retirement CommunityLaurel Lake strives to be the community of
choice for adults who aspire to lead lives filled with meaning,
purpose, and lifelong opportunities for growth and service.+
COMPASSION + RESPECT + EXCELLENCE + SERVICE +Title: Medical
Assistant Department: Wellness Status: Full TimeShift:
DayRequirements for a Medical Assistant:
- Certificate as a Medical Assistant or equivalent
- Computer skills
- Organizations skills
- Clinical competence
- Ability to work with older adultsResponsibilities for a Medical
- Assist physicians with clinical procedures.
- Administer and read staff Mantoux, administer staff HBV and
staff Flu shots.
- Performing other assigned duties.
- Schedule resident appointments with clinicians using
Scheduleview, EclinicalWorks, other software as assigned.
- Schedule resident Labs, X-Rays and other tests.
- Communicate by telephone, fax, and electronically with
providers and their offices.
- Administer resident injections, simple dressing changes, first
aid, vital signs, EKG testing, collect specimens and culture
materials, urine dip test, blood sugars test, and other clinical
functions as assigned.
- Facilitate resident medication refills, referral appointments,
and preauthorization for medications, tests, and procedures
- Respond to emergency calls in independent living.
- Receive and carry out verbal orders from physicians.
- Document in resident electronic and hardcopy medical
- Maintain infection control standards of all equipment and
Experience the difference of true Life Care: We go beyond providing
a healthy, active environment that promotes longevity. Our
community offers a responsible approach to retirement planning that
lets individuals secure a comfortable home and positive lifestyle,
while at the same time safeguarding their assets through a plan
designed to limit long-term healthcare costs.Benefits offered by
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Contribution
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance, Free On-Site CEU Opportunities
- Employee/Family Assistance Program & Wellness Programs
- 24-Hour Campus Security with Free Employee Parking
- Short-Term Disability, Life Insurance, and Access to
Supplemental InsurancesLaurel Lake is an equal opportunity employer
and will employ the most qualified individual to perform the duties
required for a position. This policy applies to all policies and
procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, selection
for job training, discipline, compensation, benefits, termination,
and all other terms and conditions or employment. All employment
practices shall be administered in a nondiscriminatory manner and
in compliance with all appropriate federal, state, county and city
laws or other legal requirements.
Keywords: Laurel Lake, Akron , Certified Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Hudson, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!