Interventional Radiology Technologist - Vascular/Surgery
Company: Summa Western Reserve Hospital
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Interventional Radiology Technologist - Vascular/Surgery, Akron
City campus, full time 40 hours/week, 12:30pm-9pm Monday-Friday
$10,000 Hire-On Bonus
Summa Health System is recognized as one of the region's top
employers by a number of third party organizations, including
NorthCoast 99. Exceptional candidates gravitate to Summa because of
its culture, passion for delivering excellent service to our
patients and families commitment to our philosophy of servant
leadership, collegial working relationships at every level of the
organization and competitive pay and benefits.
This position reports to Radiology, supporting the OR utilizing the
Hybrid (Vascular interventional procedures), advanced 3D C-arm and
O-Arm procedures along with routine surgical interventions.
Performs angiographic / cardiovascular / interventional imaging
procedures for the diagnosis and treatment of disease and injury.
Supporting attending physicians and other clinical staff in
effectively preforming surgical procedures. Operates radiologic
equipment to obtain diagnostic radiographs. Under physician
supervision operates fluoroscopic imaging equipment during surgery
and or vascular procedures. Ensures that all aspects of patient
records are processed properly to initiate procedure results in a
timely manner. Performs other assigned duties as training and
Formal Education Required:
* Graduate of an A.M.A approved school of Radiologic
* Registered or registry eligibility with the American Registry of
* Must be licensed as a Radiographer by the State of Ohio.
Experience & Training Required:
* Successful completion of training to perform other radiologic
procedures (e.g.,surgery, Cath/EP lab or Special procedures
Other Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
* Ability to appropriately communicate with patients, physicians
and hospital employees.
* Ability to calibrate and operate equipment, properly position
patients and to apply and adjust restraining devices.
* Ability to initiate CPR (CPR Certification).
* Ability to utilize hospital and radiology computer system and
* Population Specific Competency: Ability to effectively interact
with populations of patients/customers with an understanding of
their needs for self-respect and dignity.
* Demonstrates clinical skills necessary to assist physician in
performing vascular procedures
* Knowledge of equipment and technologies utilized in procedures,
pressure monitoring vascular anatomy and physiology, aseptic
technique and radiation safety practice.
Level of Physical Demands:
* Heavy: Exerts 50-100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to
50 pounds of force frequently, and/or ten to 20 pounds of force
continuously to move objects.
* Ability to lift and position patients.
* Ability to wear 7-10 lbs of lead protection throughout the work
Keywords: Summa Western Reserve Hospital, Akron , Interventional Radiology Technologist - Vascular/Surgery, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!