RN PRN Perioperative PACU/Endoscopy
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: June 25, 2022
- Completes preoperative assessment.
- Assesses, develops and documents plans for appropriate
patient/family educational needs.
- Provides pre- and post-operative patient/family education.
- Develops plans of care and sets goals utilizing concepts of
managed care as appropriate.
- Participates in direct delivery of patient care, maintaining a
safe, comfortable environment for patients.
- Collaborates with other health care team members to coordinate
medical and nursing management of patient care.
- Demonstrates satisfactory performance for established and new
routines, procedures and skills as assigned.
- Assigns/delegates appropriate patient care activities to other
nursing staff based on patient needs and skill level/qualifications
of staff members.
- Participates in unit and center performance improvement
- Assists in orientation of registered nurses and other center
- Establishes effective interpersonal relationships with
patients, families and other healthcare team members.
- Assists in other clinical areas, if necessary, when
- Develops and documents discharge plan with physician, patient,
family, and other available resources.
- Documents nursing intervention and patient response.
- Recognizes changes in patient's condition; takes appropriate
nursing action when changes occur.
- Follows department policy for use and maintenance of
- Functions efficiently with computerized charting.
- Follows system and department policies and procedures with
special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality,
dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain
organization and department specific competencies and requirements.
Maintains applicable certification/licensure. Maintains current
Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing BSN
- Currently licensed in the State of Ohio. Maintains current
Basic Life Support (BLS).
Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population
- Must have knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Two years prior nursing experience required; perioperative PACU
or Endoscopy nursing experience preferred.
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of
- Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- Requires some exposure to communicable disease or bodily
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as requiredThe RN Perioperative PACU/Endoscopy, is
accountable for delivery of cost effective, quality patient care,
using the nursing process and body of knowledge from various health
care disciplines. The RN is responsible for providing nursing care
to patients based on established standards of nursing care, by
managing assigned personnel and by collaborating with members of
other health care disciplines.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Akron , RN PRN Perioperative PACU/Endoscopy, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!