Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: June 23, 2022
- Administers appropriate assessments, contributes to and
participates in the development of the interdisciplinary treatment
- Develops, administers and adapts programs and treatment
procedures to assigned patients on the basis of assessed needs and
the interdisciplinary treatment plan.
- Demonstrates effective group leadership skills in the treatment
- Demonstrates sound judgment in selecting individuals for
- Plans and implements treatment groups that are organized,
creative and therapeutic to the group members.
- Demonstrates flexibility in adapting the group (task,
environment, time, location) to changing patient or staff
- Demonstrates flexibility in regards to scheduling with ability
to work weekends and evening hrs as needed.
- Sets and maintains appropriate limits and manages disruptive
behavior according to Akron General Medical Center's policies and
procedures to ensure patient safety.
- Communicates with appropriate multidisciplinary staff on a
timely basis, any significant issues raised during the treatment
- Provides patient education.
- Instructs the patient or family in functional activities and as
- Makes necessary adaptations in teaching to facilitate patient
- Monitors and documents patient comprehension and compliance
- Documents pertinent patient information in a concise and
legible format and enters it into the medical record in a timely
- Assumes responsibility for appropriate mandatory and continuing
- Demonstrates professional conduct that actively supports AGMC
and Center for Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences mission
statements and goals.
- Actively contributes to and supports interdisciplinary
professional cohesion, physical maintenance and material management
of the Center for Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences.
- Completes intake evaluation and assessments on assigned
- Identifies appropriate problems/needs of patients.
- Identifies goals for patients.
- Provides or directs patient care from admission through
- Plans and attends multidisciplinary treatment team as
- Participates in quality assurance activities to evaluate the
effectiveness of patient care.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain
organization and department specific competencies and requirements.
Maintains applicable certification/licensure.
- Follows system and department policies and procedures with
special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality,
dress code, display of ID badge, and safety.
- Other duties as assignedKeywords: LPC, LPCC, PCC-S, Art
therapist, group counselor
- Masters Degree in education, psychology, or related field and
current registration to practice in the State of Ohio.
- Licensed as PC (PCC or PCC-S preferred).
Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population
- Ability to establish and maintain courteous cooperative and
respectful relations with patients, staff, and others contacted in
the course of work. Effective interpersonal skills. Effective
verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated
responsibility, initiative, and leadership skills. Membership in
professional organization preferred.
- Demonstrable clinical proficiency.
- Adequate physical and mental health in order to provide all
types of treatment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as requiredThe Adjunctive Therapist works under the
general supervision of the Director of Nsg/Pt. Services for
6100/6400, Center for Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, and is
responsible for providing group therapy to patients on inpatient
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Akron , Adjunctive Therapist-PRN, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!