State Tested Nurse Assistant (STNA)
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Overview:Savantage is a staffing agency that's focused on
people. People who want to be part of something bigger than
themselves. People who want to earn more than just a paycheck.
Savantage helps connect like-minded people for the purpose of
serving other people.
What's most important to you in your career? Is it working in a
setting that values relationships and integrity? Being part of a
welcoming and inclusive community? Perhaps it's knowing that the
work you do has impact and makes a real difference? If these are
the values you share in looking for the next step of your career,
Savantage could have the perfect fit for you.
Please note, the company has adopted a policy requiring all
associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to
limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held
religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Responsibilities:Provides direct care to residents, while promoting
the resident's highest level of functioning, as directed by
management, for multiple communities within the local market.
Assists in maintaining the resident's environment in a safe and
neat manner. Promotes quality services within community standards,
State and Federal Regulations.
- Receives and communicates report to management on resident
status at the beginning and end of each shift and as needed.
Notifies the management of any changes in resident medical
- Provides personal care to residents per their individualized
plan of care.
- Documents all pertinent information regarding care as
- Prepares residents for meals and assists to and from the dining
areas. Assists with set up and feeding of meals.
- Assists residents with toilet and incontinent care. Makes
incontinent checks at least every 2 hours and provides incontinent
care as needed.
- Makes room checks and verifies resident location at least every
- Keeps resident's rooms neat and clean.
- Performs clinical procedures according to community
- Performs vital signs, B/Ps, weights and other trained
procedures as directed by management.
- Completes prevention and restorative care that includes but not
limited to PROM, AROM, ambulation, transferring, bathing, grooming,
and all other ADL care.
- Maintains a working knowledge of Community policy & procedure
pertinent to role.
- Assists in turning, positioning, and repositioning of
- Participates actively in Interdisciplinary Team Process
including completing assessments and documentation as assigned.
Attends care plan meetings as assigned. Acts as resident
- Communicates effectively with the residents, families,
visitors, members of the health care team, and other
- Actively participates in Community Quality Assurance
Performance Improvement Program.
- Maintains education development to include attending ongoing
education development to maintain compliance with State and Federal
Regulations and current knowledge of resident care practices.
- Maintains resident confidentiality.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should
perform all duties as assigned by his/her
supervisor.Qualifications:Education and Experience
Certification of completing an approved Certified Nursing Assistant
is required. Six months experience in long term care is
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Successful completion of State C.N.A. course.
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines
with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved
with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal
instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few
repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the
organization in order to answer basic questions. Must have working
knowledge of facility emergency procedures including fire and
disaster drills. Ability to follow facility policies. Ability to
maintain resident confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA policies.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
Keywords: Savantage, Akron , State Tested Nurse Assistant (STNA), Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!