Registered Nurse, PRN Nights - Emergency Dept., Bath
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: June 22, 2022
- Completes Emergency Department assessment data based upon
patients arrival, inclusive of psychosocial, educational and age
- Reviews and documents care and discharge goals with physician
and patient and family.
- Accurately administers and documents IVs and medications
according to established standards of care and policies and
- Accurately intervenes when changes in a patient's condition
occur and documents nursing interventions and patients responses in
accordance with policy.
- Assigns/delegates appropriate patient care activities to other
nursing staff based on patient needs and skill level/qualifications
of staff members.
- Provides appropriate care for alleged rape/sexual assault
victims utilizing established ED protocols.
- Demonstrates ability to initiate appropriate community referral
for patients and families.
- Follows system and department policies and procedures with
special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality,
dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain
organization and department specific competencies and requirements.
Maintains applicable certification/licensure. Maintains Basic Life
Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS). Must obtain
and maintain Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) within three
months of employment/transfer.
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing BSN
- Current license as a registered nurse in the state of Ohio.
Maintains current Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac
Life Support (ACLS). Must obtain and maintain Pediatric Advanced
Life Support (PALS) within three months of employment/transfer.
Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population
- Two years emergency room experience preferred, or candidates
with relevant critical care experience may be considered.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as requiredUnder the direct supervision of the Director,
the RN Emergency Department is responsible for delivery of cost
effective, quality patient care, utilizing case management
principles, the nursing process and knowledge from various health
care disciplines. The RN is responsible for providing nursing care
to adult, geriatric, adolescent and pediatric patients based on
established standards of nursing care, by managing assigned
personnel and by collaborating with members of other health care
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Akron , Registered Nurse, PRN Nights - Emergency Dept., Bath, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!