Registered Nurse - Float Pool - $15,000 Sign on Bonus
Company: Select Specialty Hospital - Akron
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Overview:Critical Illness Recovery Hospitals & Inpatient Rehab
Cleveland/Akron Float Pool: 4-week rotations$15,000 Sign-On Bonus /
Great starting rates and shift differentials!Pay range is dependent
on years of experience: $50/hr-$70/hr + shift differentials!
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience
that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment.
Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our
cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being
patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building
Do you love the challenge of working with medically complex
patients? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent patient
experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with
us!Responsibilities:In this role, the Registered Nurse will travel
among five Critical Illness Recovery Hospitals and three Inpatient
Rehab Hospitals within the Cleveland/Akron area based on Market
Float Assignment and Staffing Guidelines.
- Performs a nursing assessment as part of an on-going systematic
assessment of the physical, emotional, social, educational, and
functional needs of the patients/families through interview,
observation, and physical examination.
- Teaches and counsels patients/families, and makes referrals to
appropriate resource personnel when needed based on the health care
- Participates as a productive member of the interdisciplinary
team in assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of
- Reviews lab and test results, notifying physician of abnormal
and critical results. Performs wound care, utilizing proper
documentation tools. Performs basic ventilator management and
- Communicates the plan of nursing care for each patient through
shift change, reports, conferences, rounds, and patient care
- Demonstrates skills in handling emergency and life-threatening
- Responsible and accountable for accurate, succinct and timely
documentation of all assessments, interventions and patient's
response in the medical record in accordance with policy.
- Assures that medical orders are transcribed and processed
accurately, and integrates the medical care plan into the provision
of nursing care.
- Assures that medication/I.V. administration is correct and
according to the established nursing policies and procedures.
Verbalizes policy and procedure for maintenance and care of central
line catheters. Identifies critical drip medications. Regulates
drip rates as ordered. Administers I.V. drugs.
- Provides direction, training and supervision of ancillary
nursing personnel by utilizing problem solving techniques in
decision making, organizing, setting priorities and using time
- Participates in the quality improvement activities of nursing.
Actively participates on nursing committees.Qualifications:You will
demonstrate an understanding of patient needs, ensuring that each
patient feels informed and understood, as well as heard. You are
passionate about providing superior quality care and you are an
inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Valid State RN License required.
- BLS required at hire.
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire. (Agency RN must have
ACLS upon first shift, PRN staff must have ACLS upon hire).
- 2 years of clinical experience; at least 1 year experience
acute care or LTAC.Additional Data:Select Medical strives to
provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we
understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and
fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- Thorough orientation experience with multiple hospitals and
- Elevated earning potential stemming from hourly rate, shift
differentials, and sign on bonus.
- Expanded clinical exposure with diverse patient populations
treated at several hospital locations.
- Tuition Reimbursement totaling up to $5,000/year.
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance totaling up to $3,600 per
- 100% company-paid RN to BSN scholarship.
- Nurse Executive Development Program, which is a mentoring
initiative that shapes top performing nurses into leaders in our
- Clinical Advancement Program for RNs who would like to advance
their skills with a PCCN certification and/or CCRN certification,
both of which would include quarterly bonuses.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance;
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects
diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees
are treated during employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected under applicable law.
Keywords: Select Specialty Hospital - Akron, Akron , Registered Nurse - Float Pool - $15,000 Sign on Bonus, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!