RN Clinical Manager Home Care
Company: Almost Family Medlink
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Company Overview: LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care
partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From
home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and home and
community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective
care that empowers patients to manage their health at home.
Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with
LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More
hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are
united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Understands the criteria for acceptance of patient and
reimbursement mechanisms as they relate to the delivery of services
to patients. Collaborates with the Agency Director regarding
referral acceptance, assists in determining qualification and
appropriateness for home care services and establishment of
frequencies and utilization for new admissions.
- Works closely with the Agency Director regarding coverage, plan
of care, and other reimbursement concerns on both an individual and
an agency perspective.
- Schedules initial assessments. Ensures that documentation of
initial assessments is complete and meets established processing
- Works closely with Case Coordinators to provide appropriate and
- Monitors patient utilization to ensure compliance with
physician orders, agency, and funded program guidelines.
Investigates all unfilled shifts and takes appropriate
- Assists in completing schedules for Case Managers, nurses and
other PRN support staff as needed. Ensures Case Managers and nurses
submit accurate documentation according to required timelines.
- Implements and approves changes to the patient's plan of care
when needed, in consultation with Case Managers and/or direct care
staff. Approves all verbal order and initials form to signify
approval. Makes changes to the POC calendar and adds medications
and treatments to the POC as appropriate and ordered.
- Ensures that recertifications are completed in a timely manner
and approves frequencies and utilization of all patients
re-certified. Assures compliance with 485/plan of care policies and
time frames. Verifies 485 content and appropriateness.
- Performs routine and supervisory visits in the field as needed
and as dictated per the state requirements.
- Assists in training and/or orientation of newly hired nurses,
caregivers, or other staff as directed. Education & Experience:
- Must be a licensed Registered Nurse in the state(s) of
- A minimum of three years nursing experience is required.
- Previous experience in the home care setting desired.
- Prior management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of home care regulations and regulatory requirements
is preferred.Must be fully vaccinated or be willing to complete
full vaccination by date of hire and proof of vaccination will be
required. - If permitted by state law, the company will consider
requests for religious or medical exemptions.
Keywords: Almost Family Medlink, Akron , RN Clinical Manager Home Care, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!