Clinical Lab Testing Technician - 3rd shift
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 15, 2022
- Follows the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and
processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of
patient test results.
- Performs laboratory testing in a compliant manner.
- Maintains regulatory knowledge and awareness as it pertains to
specific job duties.
- Adheres to the laboratory's quality control policies, document
all quality control activities, instrument and procedural
calibrations and maintenance performed.
- Assumes responsibility for and takes action regarding any
quality control or quality assurance issues as it pertains to
specific job duties.
- Maintains instruments and equipment in accordance with
- Assumes responsibility for good documentation practices and
maintains clear and legible records.
- Performs proficiency testing in compliance with Clinical
Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) regulations i.e. analyze
proficiency survey sample in the same manner as a patient
specimens, no communication with other CLIA laboratories, complete
record retention and accurate documentation and result
- Assumes responsibility for participation in continuing
education, professional development and required annual competency
- Follows the laboratory's established policies and procedures
whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established
acceptable levels of performance.
- Identifies problems that may adversely affect test performance
or reporting of test results and either must correct the problems
or immediately notify the General Supervisor, Technical Supervisor,
Clinical Consultant, or Laboratory Director.
- Exercises good judgment, analytical and problem
- Recommends solutions and improvements.
- Documents all corrective actions taken when test systems
deviate from the laboratory's established performance
- May function in an educator and provides instruction and
training in theory, technical skills, safety protocols, and the
application of laboratory test protocols to students, employees,
- Other duties as assigned.
- Follows Hospital and department policies and procedures with
special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality,
dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain
organization and department-specific competencies and requirements.
- Bachelor's degree required. Degree fields include a chemical,
physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical
technology from a four-year college or university.
- Education outside of the United States requires
diploma/transcripts translated into English and proof of foreign
equivalency from by an HHS approved agency or nationally recognized
organization such as NACES (National Association Credential
Evaluation Services, Inc) or AICE (Association of International
Credential Evaluators, Inc). Certifications:
- None required. Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
- Diploma and/or transcripts must be provided.
- Education will be verified. Work Experience:
- None required. Physical Requirements:
- Visual acuity to study specimens under a microscope.
- The ability to distinguish colors.
- Fine motor skills and manual dexterity to handle specimens and
lab equipment required to process specimens and repair
- May be required to stand for long periods of time.
- Light lifting may be required.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals, biohazards, radioactive
materials, etc. Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.The Lab Clinical Testing Technician performs
and interprets tests at all complexity levels. Demonstrates an
understanding of the theory and scientific principles of laboratory
testing as well as the technical, procedural and problem solving
aspects. Correlates abnormal laboratory data with pathological
states, determines the validity of test results and the need for
additional tests. Determines the validity of test results through
the monitoring and/or verifying of quality controls, standards,
etc. Communicates test results, reference ranges, specimen
requirements, and other pertinent information to authorized
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Akron , Clinical Lab Testing Technician - 3rd shift, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!