RN Med/Surg Acute Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Surgery 7p-7a
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 15, 2022
- ASSESSMENTS: Completes ongoing assessments.
- Recognizes significant changes in patient condition and
- PLANNING: Develops measurable goals for identified
- Updates goals for identified problems.
- Involves the patient/family (or designee) in developing a plan
of care individualized to patient cultural, religious and
- Coordinates the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Serves as a patient advocate.
- IMPLEMENTATION: Provides nursing care based on patient-centered
outcomes and standards of care that are based on current research
and evidence-based practice.
- Safely administers patient care and treatments in accordance
with the Standards of Safe Nursing Practice and institutional
- Safely administers medications in accordance with the Standards
of Safe Nursing Practice and institutional policy
- Documents legibly using concise terms, correct terminology and
- EVALUATION: Participates in on-going interdisciplinary
evaluation of patient/family outcomes and contributes to the
improvement of care.
- Participates in the quality improvement processes.
- LEADERSHIP/PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Delegates
tasks/assignments to employees according to their ability and
within the scope of their job descriptions and according to the
Delegation by Licensed Nurses, Ohio Administrative Code.
- Serves as a resource person sharing knowledge/skills.
- Acts as a role model/mentor.
- Recognizes and acknowledges peer accomplishments.
- Accepts/gives constructive criticism.
- Participates in the Peer and Self-Review process.
- Pursues on-going education and/or certification in
- Maintains membership in professional organizations.
- Involves self in professional development opportunities
including community activities.
- Adheres to values/guest service standards and Guiding
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain
organization and department specific competencies and
- Maintains applicable certification/licensure. Maintains
- Follows ho spital and department policies and procedures with
special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality,
dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Other duties as assignedEducation:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. BSN
- Currently licensed as a registered nurse in the State of
Ohio.Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population
served.Work Experience:Physical Requirements:Personal Protective
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required Cleveland Clinic Akron General is seeking
compassionate and talented New Graduate RNs to join our world class
team on 4200, which is an Acute Cardiology/Cardiothoracic Surgical
unit. This unit specializes in the care of patients recovering from
complex vascular surgeries, femoral popliteal bypass surgeries, and
VATS procedures, just to name a few.We are a Magnet - Hospital,
with a genuine commitment to helping YOU grow and reach your unique
career goals. Every New Graduate RN participates in a residency
core curriculum based on his or her individual learning needs.
During your residency, you will provide direct nursing care,
alongside a coach, in accordance with established policies,
procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. With a
culture of teamwork and support, you will find that you not only
survive your first year as a Registered Nurse---but you
THRIVE!Cleveland Clinic Akron General is ranked as the No. 1
hospital in the Akron Metropolitan Areas and the 7th Best Hospital
in Ohio, according to U.S. News & World Report's "2020-21 Best
Hospitals." As a Cleveland Clinic Hospital, our facility is linked
to one of the most respected healthcare organizations in the world.
We currently have 532 registered hospital beds, and renovations and
expansion in the past several years provides for easier, faster
access to healthcare. Our caregivers enjoy free parking. We are
proud to be a Magnet - Hospital, Awarded by the American Nurses
Credentialing Center; this designation is the highest honor an
organization can receive for professional nursing practice. Akron
General has been accredited by the Joint Commission as a Primary
Stroke Center--- Designated as A Level I Trauma Center, by the
American College of Surgeons (ACS) --- Is Summit County's first
accredited Chest Pain Center --- Designated by the World Health
Organization as a baby friendly birth facility. Patients around the
world come to Cleveland Clinic because of our reputation for
world-class care. Which is why our practice is to invest heavily in
our caregivers from day one. Here, learning and support go
hand-in-hand, and you'll experience that throughout your residency
and beyond. Combining your education with simulation-based
training, we'll guide your development, building on the skills
you'll use today and helping to identify other areas you're
passionate about. It's a true collaboration, personalized for what
matters most to you. Because exceptional care requires exceptional
caregivers. By completing this application, you may be considered
for a New Grad RN career opportunity at Cleveland Clinic. Once you
submit a completed application, you will be contacted to discuss
your experience, interests, and goals, and you will work 1:1 with a
Nurse Recruiter to find an opportunity that is a great fit for you
and your career goals. Under the direction of the Director, the RN
Medical/Surgical is accountable for providing nursing care in
accordance with the Standards of Safe Nursing Practice/Ohio
Administrative Code and Understanding Scopes of Practice/Ohio Board
of Nursing and ANA Scope and Standards of Care. The staff RN is
responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating
care for a given patient population within the established
standards and practices of AGMC.Key Words: Nurse Residency,
Resident, RN, Akron, cardiothoracic surgery, cardiac telemetry,
general surgery, orthopedics, colorectal, bariatric, trauma,
epilepsy monitoring, short term observation, inpatient psychology,
oncology, neurology, medical, family practice, GU, GYN, new grad,
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Akron , RN Med/Surg Acute Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Surgery 7p-7a, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!