System Specialist RN Revenue Cycle PPG
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 15, 2022
- Acts as a liaison between the Clinical and Clerical sides of
PPG IT Services
- Works closely with various PPG practices and Administration,
outside billing service and software vendor, and hospital
departments as applications system coordinator for the PPG
practices revenue cycle.
- Functions as the liaison between the business units and the
clinical community (e.g. physicians, nursing, ancillary) to acquire
data for the Ambulatory Electronic Medical Record (AEMR) system.
Serves as a single point of contact for AEMR support for the
- Maintains the revenue cycle systems project log and tracks,
coordinates and communicates updates to the Director, Revenue Cycle
and Directors of Practice Operations.
- Assists with the interfaces from various systems to ensure
routine processing and maintenance and continued development of the
revenue cycle systems, including addition of new entities,
departments and accounts, development of customized reports, and
changes in reporting structures.
- Develops and maintains documentation for the PPG and
Administrative Billing systems. Collaborates with others in the
development and administration of initial and on-going in-house
training of revenue cycle and practice staff as well as peripheral
users for the systems.
- Provides application support and acts as liaison between
Revenue Cycle and Information Systems technical staff. Coordinates
with Information Systems technical staff regarding security for
- Coordinates activities among Information Systems, revenue cycle
departments, and outside software vendor and billing service in
implementing necessary changes in a timely and accurate
- Monitors interfaces and appropriately notifies responsible
Information Systems staff when problems arise.
- Assists in the development of operating procedures that ensure
efficient implementation and use of the system. Initiates, writes,
and evaluates system documentation.
- Develops system updates and ensures compliance with
departmental training programs on a continual basis. Assists with
updating processes due to new technology.
- Interacts with other system entities in matters related to PPG
revenue cycle systems. Coordinates and assists with data requests
to monitor A/R.
- Ensures coordination to other clinical systems.
- Coordinates the development of various databases and tables
contained in the practice management system for new practices to
ensure coordination of department procedures with systems
functions. Establishes various accounts and access to multiple
systems for new practices.
- Attends necessary educational sessions to become proficient in
knowledge and utilization of the system. Maintains annual mandatory
training requirements for both Clinical and Clerical systems.
- Assists the Director/Manager, Revenue Cycle and Manager,
Front-End Operations in automating manual processes to increase
productivity throughout the department and practices through the
creation of new reports, programs or other system enhancements that
will improve efficiency. Monitors denials and backlogged data and
follows up appropriately.
- Completes nursing informatics and other special projects as
- Follows hospital and department policies and procedures with
special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality,
dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Other duties as assignedEducation:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor's degree
preferred. Coursework in information technology or technical
- Licensed as a registered nurse in the State of Ohio.
- For Information Technology Division caregivers, ITIL
Foundations certification is required within 6 months of position
start date.Complexity of Work:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software applications and
clinical applications. Ability to translate clinical needs into
system functionality. Project leadership skills and the ability to
work collaboratively with members of the health care team and
consultants. Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to present information to groups and provide individual
- Three years relevant clinical work experience required.
Experience with McKesson Horizon Clinical Software (Care
Manager/Horizon Expert Documentation/Horizon Ambulatory Care) or
previous experience implementing electronic medical record systems
preferred.Physical Requirements:Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required
Under the direct supervision of the Manager of PPG Information
Technology Services, the System Specialist RN Revenue Cycle PPG is
responsible for the process, design, implementation, testing,
training, and on-going support of the Electronic Medical Records
(EMR) system for both clinical and clerical EMR functions. Will
implement system changes to improve the overall operations of the
revenue cycle by improving accurate processing of registration,
coding, billing, cash posting and accurate collection of
reimbursement to ensure consistent cash flows for PPG and other
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Akron , System Specialist RN Revenue Cycle PPG, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!