CVICU/NSICU Nurse Manager
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 14, 2022
- Manages practice of professional nursing and delivery of nurse
care on assigned unit.
- Establishes clinical direction for nursing care delivery,
provides clinical supervision and maintains quality outcomes.
- Collaborates with liaison departments in maintaining patient
care standards, identifies and resolves issues affecting the
delivery of patient care services in a unit.
- Develops quality initiatives and implements policies and
procedures to insure efficient and effective delivery of health
services in a unit.
- Develops and maintains unit related patient care standards
through continuous quality improvement.
- Maintains Joint Commission and other regulatory standards.
- Manages operation of unit.
- Analyzes personnel structure, determines staffing needs and
- Provides direction and supervision, evaluates performance,
conducts selection and termination process, develop strategic
- Actively promotes staff and self-development.
- Participates in clinical nursing research and supports
foundation research activities.
- Directs unit participation in evaluation of new products.
- Approves purchases and establishes or revises inventory
- Assists in the development and monitoring of budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Follows Hospital and department policies and procedures with
special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality,
dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain
organization and department-specific competencies and
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required.
- Master's Degree in Nursing preferred. If in NICU area Master's
Degree is required.Certifications:
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
- If in a Critical Care area requires Advanced Cardiac Life
Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA))
Certification must be presented upon hire or within first year of
- Within one year of hire RNs in New Life Center will achieve and
maintain Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American
Heart Association (AHA) with the exception of the Neonatal
Intensive Care Unit RNs who must achieve and maintain Neonatal
Resuscitation Program (NRP) through American Heart Association
(AHA)provider status and RNs in the Special Delivery Unit, who must
achieve and maintain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through
American Heart Association (AHA).
- ONS Chemo/Bio course complete within 2 years of employment if
employed on units inpatient and/or outpatient where chemo is
- ACLS upon hire or within one year of beginning work in the
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart
Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of beginning work in
the Emergency Department.
- In Dedicated Trauma Centers, Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC -
adult) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC - pediatric) upon
hire or within 24 months of beginning work in the Emergency
- Vascular Access Registered Nurse (VARN) program attendance
required and obtains either a Certified Registered Nurse Infusion
(CRNI) or Vascular Access Board Certified (VA-BC) certification
upon hire or within a year of hire in Peripherally Inserted Central
Catheter (PICC) areas.Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- Three years of recent nursing clinical experience to include at
least one year of healthcare management experience
- Requires full range of motion including handling and lifting
patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye and hand
- Requires frequent data entry, sitting, standing and
- Requires corrective vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or bodily
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.Manages practice of professional nursing and
delivery of nurse care on assigned unit. Establishes clinical
direction for nursing care delivery, provides clinical supervision
and maintains quality outcomes. Supervises all aspects of personnel
management and development. Maintains adherence to regulatory
standards. Coordinates unit operations with other depts. Develops
and monitors budget.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Akron , CVICU/NSICU Nurse Manager, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!