Surgical Technologist, 7a-7:30p vary start
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 12, 2022
- Assists surgeon in the scrub capacity.
- Scrubs, gowns, and gloves according to policies and
- Sets up table with instruments and supplies according to
- Assists and anticipates needs of surgeon in instruments,
sutures, sponges, and supplies.
- Assists in preparation and draping of patient and operative
- Understands and maintains aseptic technique at all times.
- Performs appropriate counts of instruments, sponges and needles
with circulating registered nurse and reports correctness and
discrepancies according to standard.
- Properly cares for all specimens.
- Assists in application of dressing and casts.
- Assembles all instruments and equipment for decontamination
according to policies and procedures.
- Assists in maintenance of equipment for proper function and
- Assists in routine terminal cleaning and other housekeeping
duties as directed.
- Assists surgical team as circulator under the direction of a
- Assists in transportation of patients and preoperative
- Assists in room inventory and stocking supplies.
- Assumes call responsibility or makes other arrangements for
- Performs lesser skilled duties as necessary and as
- Attends departmental inservice educational programs and
continuing education program.
- TRANSITIONAL TEAM DUTIES:
- Removes trash from Operating/Delivery rooms, removes debris
- Washes out trash cans inside and out, bags linen, moves and
washes table, washes all other furniture in room.
- Wipes all flat surfaces prior to first case of the day and
routinely throughout day.
- Places table back in original position and remakes bed. Spot
- Mops/machine scrubs floors/cleans and maintains conductive
floors between-cases and daily in prescribed manner.
- Cleans anesthesia equipment and stocks anesthesia supplies
after each surgical case and at end of day.
- Cleans and/or terminally disinfects, sterilizes, tests,
replaces and keeps adequate inventory of reusable anesthesia
equipment, cardiac monitors and cables, providing electrodes for
each case; blood pressure equipment and stethoscopes, blood
infusors; and assures peel-pouching and steam sterilization of LMA
- May be assigned to check outdates.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Managers.
- Attends annual safety and infection control inservices; keeps
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain
organization and department specific competencies and requirements.
Maintains applicable certification/licensure.
- Follows system and department policies and procedures with
special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality,
dress code, display of the ID badge and safety.
- Other duties as assignedEducation:
- Successful completion of approved Surgical Technologist Program
- Prefer Certified Surgical Technician (CST).
- BLS required.Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population
served.Work Experience:Physical Requirements:Personal Protective
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Akron , Surgical Technologist, 7a-7:30p vary start, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!