RN Epilepsy Monitoring Unit 7a-7p
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 13, 2022
- ASSESSMENTS: Completes ongoing assessments.
- Recognizes significant changes in patient condition and
- PLANNING: Develops measurable goals for identified
- Updates goals for identified problems.
- Involves the patient/family (or designee) in developing a plan
of care individualized to patient cultural, religious and
- Coordinates the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Serves as a patient advocate.
- IMPLEMENTATION: Provides nursing care based on patient-centered
outcomes and standards of care that are based on current research
and evidence-based practice.
- Administers patient care and treatments safely in accordance
with the Standards of Safe Nursing Practice and institutional
- Administers medications safely in accordance with the Standards
of Safe Nursing Practice and institutional policy.
- Documents legibly using concise terms, correct terminology and
- EVALUATION: Participates in ongoing interdisciplinary
evaluation of patient/family outcomes and contributes to the
improvement of care.
- Participates in the quality improvement processes.
- LEADERSHIP/PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Delegates
tasks/assignments to employees according to their ability and
within the scope of their job descriptions and according to the
Delegation by Licensed Nurses, Ohio Administrative Code.
- Serves as a resource person sharing knowledge/skills.
- Acts as a role model/mentor.
- Recognizes and acknowledges peer accomplishments.
- Accepts/receives constructive criticism.
- Participates in the Peer and Self-Review process.
- Pursues ongoing education and/or certification in
- Maintains membership in professional organizations.
- Involves self in professional development opportunities
including community activities.
- Adheres to values/guest service standards and Guiding
- DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES include Performs routine and
intermediate polysomnograms and electroencephalograms using proper
techniques. Provides technical interpretations of routine and
intermediate sleeping disorder patterns through manual assessment
and computer analysis.
- Performs routine daily troubleshooting and
electroencephalograms checks using established techniques. Assists
with basic waveform analysis or recording waveforms and equipment
assessments. Recognizes basic seizure patterns observable on
bedside/central monitoring system and respond appropriately.
Implements rescue/safety protocols specific to the unit. Performs
proper usage of radio isotopes using established procedures and
- Adheres to all policies and procedures governing the unit.
- Reviews and documents progress of care and discharge goals with
- Identifies need and accepts responsibility for becoming a
consistent caregiver for patients with complex care needs.
- Establishes priorities for delivery of patient care to
individual patients and for assigned group of patients.
- Participates in and documents patient care, discharge planning
and case management conferences.
- Communicates information regarding patient plan of care,
current outcomes, and acuity, at shift report.
- Using appropriate chain of command, communicates information in
a timely fashion to Director, physician, or Nursing Coordinator
regarding changes in patient condition and patient care/unit
- Performs in a calm and professional manner during crisis or
- Demonstrates satisfactory performance/understanding of
established and new routines, procedures, skills and
- Participates in research activities.
- Demonstrates ability to perform unit coordinator
responsibilities as assigned.
- Assists in orientation of registered nurses, licensed practical
nurses, and other hospital personnel.
- Participates in clinical instruction programs to provide
learning experiences for students.
- Serves on committees within the Department of Nursing,
participates in nursing grand rounds presentations, and remains
aware of activities of shared governance councils.
- Demonstrates understanding of emergency procedures, fire
drills, evacuation and internal/external disaster plans and
- Incorporates the use of Informatic tools, principles, theories,
and practices in the safe and effective delivery of care.
- Ensures The Joint Commission (TJC) Core Measures related to
nursing care are achieved as applicable to patient diagnosis.
- Incorporates patient safety goals in daily practice.
- Works effectively to create and maintain a positive work
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain
organization and department specific competencies and requirements.
Maintains applicable certification/licensure. Maintains BLS /
- Follows hospital and department policies and procedures with
special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality,
dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Provides education to meet the specific needs of the patient
and respective family members.
- Collaborates and effectively communicates with the other health
care team members. Provides hand off report at each change of
- Demonstrates flexibility and the ability to prioritize in
providing patient care and management.
- Performs in a calm and professional manner during crisis and
- Demonstrates satisfactory performance for established
procedures and skills. Learns new routines quickly. Adheres to
- Other duties as assignedEducation:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, BSN
- Current license as a registered nurse in the state of
- BLS from AHA required.
- ACLS from AHA required within three months of starting on
unit.Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population
- Satisfactorily completes AGMC RN orientation programs.Work
- Epilepsy Monitoring Unit experience preferred.
- Critical care experience preferred.Physical Requirements:
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work. Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required ONA Bidding Period: 03/28/22-04/04/22The RN
Epilepsy Monitoring (EM) is responsible for providing nursing care
in accordance with the Standards of Safe Nursing Practice/Ohio
Administrative Code and Understanding Scopes of Practice/Ohio Board
of Nursing and ANA Scope and Standards of Care. The RN EM is
responsible for the performance of routine and intermediate
Polysomnographic and electroencephalographic tests, for providing
technical analysis of the subsequent recordings; assessing,
planning, implementing and evaluating care for a given patient
population within the established standards and practices of Akron
General Medical Center.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Akron , RN Epilepsy Monitoring Unit 7a-7p, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!