RN Hospice Care Center - PRN
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 13, 2022
This is a PRN -position is to work 3 - 12 hour shifts, 7pm -
7:30am or -7am - 7:30pm -in the Hospice Care Center located in
Fairlawn, OH. You will be required to work at least 48 hours in a
6-week period.Hospice helps patients and their families prepare
physically, emotionally and spiritually for the end of life. Our
focus is on providing comfort, not cure; on family, not just the
patient; and on quality of life, not duration. Cleveland Clinic's
hospice team includes physicians certified in hospice and
palliative medicine, nurses, social workers, chaplains, home health
aides and volunteers. Not ready to apply, but have questions about
RN roles with Cleveland Clinic? Click Here to schedule a time to
speak with a Recruiter on the Nursing team: Responsibilities:
- Performs accurate and complete admission assessments and
reassessments within specified time frame. -
- Assesses patient for safety risks, abuse and neglect.
- Assesses and documents patient's pain using appropriate pain
scale and manages patient's pain.
- Prioritizes and documents patient problems based on assessed
needs/problems in collaboration with patient, family and health
- Plans delivery of patient care in collaboration with other
disciplines to promote wellness and facilitate the discharge
- Delegates appropriate components of the care plan to other
members of the disciplinary team.
- Provides supervision, assessment, planning and direct patient
care to hospice patients in accordance with agency policies and
procedures and the plan of care established by the
- Administers medication and treatments safely and accurately
with a focus on patient comfort.
- Coordinates care for managing a caseload of patients.
- Documents changes in patient condition and effectiveness and
timeliness of care/interventions.
- Evaluates, updates and revises plan of care to facilitate
achievement of expected outcomes.
- Assesses educational needs of patients, care givers and family
considering cultural issues and other special challenges.
- Provides teaching and educational material to the patient
and/or significant other concerning the following topics when
applicable: - diagnosis, diagnostic tests and procedures, safe and
proper use of equipment, reason for and safe use of medication
food/drug interactions, injury prevention, self-care and
- Serves as a preceptor for new nursing staff and provides
observation visits as requested.
- Other duties as assigned. Education:
- BSN preferred. - Graduate of an accredited school of
professional nursing required. - Certifications:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
- For Hospice field staff only, Valid State Driver's License
required; per policy 8-175 thereafter
- For Hospice field staff only, Proof of automobile insurance
with $100,000/$300,000 coverage required; per policy 8-175
- Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse certification preferred.
Competencies (Complexity of Work):
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action. Work Experience:
- Minimum two years critical care and/or medical/surgical
- Previous Hospice and/or oncology experience preferred Physical
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting packages, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of
- Heavy work - Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds
of force constantly to move objects. - Physical Demand requirements
are in excess of those for Medium Work. Personal Protective
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.Keyword: hospice unit, hospice, RN,
registered nurse, PRN, per diemProvides supervision, assessment,
planning and direct patient care to hospice patients in accordance
with the agency policies and procedures and the plan of care
established by the interdisciplinary team.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Akron , RN Hospice Care Center - PRN, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!