RN Specialist Endoscopy PRN
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 13, 2022
- Pre-Operative duties include preparing the patient for the
- Assessment of the physical and psychological status of the
patient, pre-op vital signs, as well as, accurately completing the
admission; pre-op documentation and pre-op testing report findings
to the physician when necessary. Ensure that all necessary consents
and charting components are available and filled out
- Intra-Operative duties include assisting the physician with the
endoscopic procedures, competent use of equipment, accurate
documentation, specimen labeling, communicate relevant information
to the anesthesia provider and physician.
- Recovery Room duties include the full responsibility for the
care of the post-procedure patient.
- Ensure the patient is stable and meets all requirements to be
safely discharged, as well as, accurately complete the
- Behave in a positive manner.
- Seek out and utilizes resources to keep current in nursing
trends and practice.
- Seek assistance from other resource person to improve skills,
knowledge in the Endoscopy unit.
- Identifies unsafe practices and participates in seeking a
- Maintains privacy and confidentiality
- Follows policy and procedures of the Endoscopy unit
- Follows hospital and department policies and procedures with
special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality,
dress code and display of ID badge.
- Complete mandatory education and training in order to maintain
organization and department specific competencies and
- Other duties as assignedEducation:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.Certifications:
- Current state of Ohio RN license. Current BLS and ACLS (with 6
months of hire).Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population
- Membership into professional society is recommended.Work
- Two (2) years of nursing experience. Recent Endoscopy
experience preferred which could include (ICU/PACU)
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of
- Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- Requires some exposure to communicable disease or bodily
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required Under the direct supervision of the Endoscopy
Manager the RN Specialist Endoscopy is knowledgeable in the theory
and principles of Endoscopy and Perioperative nursing. The RN is
responsible for managing the nursing care of all patients in the
Endoscopy unit including delegating to non-professional staff
within their scope of practice. The RN must be flexible to cross
train and function in all operative areas and other areas such as
the OR for ERCPs, Radiology for Bronchoscopies, travel endoscopies
Pre-op, Recovery, front desk, and decontamination/ sterilization of
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Akron , RN Specialist Endoscopy PRN, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!