RN Med/Surg 5400 Oncology
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 13, 2022
- ASSESSMENTS: Completes ongoing assessments.
- Recognizes significant changes in patient condition and
- PLANNING: Develops measurable goals for identified
- Updates goals for identified problems.
- Involves the patient/family (or designee) in developing a plan
of care individualized to patient cultural, religious and
- Coordinates the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Serves as a patient advocate.
- IMPLEMENTATION: Provides nursing care based on patient-centered
outcomes and standards of care that are based on current research
and evidence-based practice.
- Safely administers patient care and treatments in accordance
with the Standards of Safe Nursing Practice and institutional
- Safely administers medications in accordance with the Standards
of Safe Nursing Practice and institutional policy
- Documents legibly using concise terms, correct terminology and
- EVALUATION: Participates in on-going interdisciplinary
evaluation of patient/family outcomes and contributes to the
improvement of care.
- Participates in the quality improvement processes.
- LEADERSHIP/PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Delegates
tasks/assignments to employees according to their ability and
within the scope of their job descriptions and according to the
Delegation by Licensed Nurses, Ohio Administrative Code.
- Serves as a resource person sharing knowledge/skills.
- Acts as a role model/mentor.
- Recognizes and acknowledges peer accomplishments.
- Accepts/gives constructive criticism.
- Participates in the Peer and Self-Review process.
- Pursues on-going education and/or certification in
- Maintains membership in professional organizations.
- Involves self in professional development opportunities
including community activities.
- Adheres to values/guest service standards and Guiding
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain
organization and department specific competencies and
- Maintains applicable certification/licensure. Maintains
- Follows ho spital and department policies and procedures with
special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality,
dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Other duties as assignedEducation:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. BSN
- Currently licensed as a registered nurse in the State of
- BLS requiredComplexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population
served.Work Experience:Physical Requirements:
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work. Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required ONA Bidding Period: 04/14/22-04/21/22Under
the direction of the Director, the RN Medical/Surgical is
accountable for providing nursing care in accordance with the
Standards of Safe Nursing Practice/Ohio Administrative Code and
Understanding Scopes of Practice/Ohio Board of Nursing and ANA
Scope and Standards of Care. The staff RN is responsible for
assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for a given
patient population within the established standards and practices
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Akron , RN Med/Surg 5400 Oncology, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!