Radiology Support Specialist II
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: January 16, 2022
About Akron Children 's HospitalAkron Children 's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation 's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we 're
making it easier for today 's busy families to find the
high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system
provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate
neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional
health care partners. Every year, our Children 's Home Care Group
nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health
nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through
high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron
Children 's Anywhere app, we 're here for families whenever and
wherever they need us. Learn more at .OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonPrior to the start date,
full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full
vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received
vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.We are
seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment
in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds,
cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can
Part Time20 Hours per WeekVariable ScheduleDays/First Shift and
This position is two-fold: This position is responsible for imaging
management; digitizing and importing Radiology exams and orders
into the Picture Archiving Communications System (PACs). This
position is computer based and requires the use of multiple systems
for the processing, interpretation and sharing of imaging,
essential for the patient plan of care. In addition, this team is
responsible for Radiology Front Desk, Check-in for scheduled
- Uploading and burning CDs/DVDs for intra and inter departmental
- Digitizing paperwork and imaging into the Picture Archiving
Communications System, (PACS) database.
- Provides support to physicians, technologists, and other
support staff during periods of computer system downtime and
- Performs clerical duties and work flow processes in PACS, Exam
Manager, OneView, Powerscribe, EPIC, Matrix Ray and additional
hospital computer systems associated with this position.
- Knows on-call procedure and is able to initiate call-in process
for emergent procedures.
- Ability to communicate STAT results to providers and patients,
while maintaining HIPPA compliance and demonstrating sensitivity to
the patients and families.
- Greeting and registering outpatients for their appointments,
gathering accurate demographic and financial information.
- Knowledgeable of x-ray order entry and scheduling of walk-in
- Other duties as required. -Other information:
- Computer experience, and the ability to multitask, prioritize
and pay attention to detail is a must.
- Analytic skills with the ability to troubleshoot and problem
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is
- Experience in healthcare is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- This position requires excellent communication skills. -
Education and Experience
- This position requires computer work, telephone work, customer
interface, the ability to work independently and use sound
- Minimum of 1 year experience in patient registration,
scheduling, office, or a customer service role, using computers,
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) a
- CHAA (Certified Healthcare Access Associate) or related medical
certification a plus.
- *prior experience with the above listed software not required;
computer experience is a must. -Part Time -FTE: 0.500000
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: ALLIED HEALTH RAD
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Akron , Radiology Support Specialist II, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!