Medical assistant Ambulatory Urology
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Utilizes medical and administrative skills to provide support to
patients and health care staff under the supervision of a physician
- Assists with performing screening and treatments by gathering
information related to health maintenance, collecting specimens,
performing tests, and documenting patient care.
- Updates health maintenance at patient visit, accurately
identifies medication changes and updates allergy information at
- Monitors and communicates changes in patient condition.
Administers specific medications under direction of provider.
- Maintains equipment and medical supplies, including reordering,
stocking, cleaning and troubleshooting.
- Maintains examination areas.
- Assists in pre-visit planning by updating the health
- Performs administrative or clerical duties as assigned,
including filing, reception, scheduling, data entry and patient
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Must be a graduate from an approved Medical Assisting Program.
- (As designated by the Enterprise MA Steering Committee) -
- Military training as a Hospital Corpsman (HM), Combat Medic
(68W) or Medical Service Technician (4N0X1) will be
- Current demonstrated clinical proficiency. -
- Completion of a clinical externship. - - (Extensive clinical
experience may be considered in lieu of formal clinical
- MA Certification preferred.Certifications:
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS) through
American Heart Association (AHA) required within new hire
period.Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- Successful completion of CC Externship preferred.Physical
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment.
- May require extended periods of standing, walking or
- Good visual acuity through normal or corrected vision.
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition
exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects.
- Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount,
a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or
standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting
most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg
controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production
rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of
materials even though the weight of those materials is
- Note: The constant stress and strain of maintaining a
production rate pace, especially in an industrial setting, can be
and is physically demanding of a worker even though the amount of
force exerted is negligible.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Part Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Akron , Medical assistant Ambulatory Urology, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!