Division Clerk Senior Behavioral Health U
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The Division Clerk is responsible for clerical, receptionist,
communication, office supply procurement duties, tasks and related
services under the direction and supervision of professional
nursing staff. Also, performs other duties that support the
efficient functioning of the unit.
- Accurately transcribes and processes all orders. Advises RN of
orders that require immediate attention.
- Prepares, maintains, and processes all charts.
- Refers specific questions to appropriate health care
- Compiles statistics; processes memos, schedules patients
- Files/records mail.
- Follows appropriate nursing services and hospital policies and
procedures related to admissions, transfers, discharges, and
- Handles all communications between nursing unit, physicians,
and departments with accuracy, courtesy and confidentiality.
- Completes errands in an efficient manner.
- Inventories, orders and stores supplies as directed.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area.
- Navigates facility computer systems (ADTR, computer order entry
proficiency, charge entry, computerized medical records).
- Provides efficient and effective use of telecommunication and
information technology systems.
- NOTE: The above stated duties are intended to outline those
functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this
- This description of duties is not intended to be all inclusive
or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign
other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.Certifications:
- None requiredComplexity of Work:
- Demonstrates a positive, concerned and sensitive response in
the work place.
- Interacts with patient, visitors and all personnel in a
courteous, helpful manner, and resolves conflict in a constructive
- Maintains confidentiality regarding patients, families and
- Demonstrates respect for individual cultural and social
- Requires ability to work independently, under pressure and meet
- Strong customer service and team orientation.
- Ability to establish and maintain friendly and cooperative
relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to accurately perform multiple tasks simultaneously and
meet multiple demands. Flexibility in daily actions and duties.Work
- Basic office equipment and computer skills required.
- Previous health care experience preferred.
- Medical Assisting course/experience preferred.Physical
- Requires full range of body motion, manual and finger
dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires extensive sitting.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal ranges.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular
- Exposure to communicable diseases and or body fluid.Personal
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Part Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Akron , Division Clerk Senior Behavioral Health U, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!