Medical Assistant Secretary
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Under the supervision of the Practice Manager, the Secretary,
Partners Physician Group, coordinates the patient flow through
various steps of the patient visit in a manner which is efficient
and professional, and provides clerical assistance to the
physician. The Secretary, Partners Physician Group, greets,
instructs, directs and schedules patients and visitors; serves as a
liaison between patient and physician.
- Verifies patient demographic and billing information while
scheduling appointments and obtaining referral information.
- Answers the telephone promptly and courteously, screens calls,
takes messages, provides information, and follows up on patient
issues in a timely manner.
- Determines patient needs and concerns regarding medical
problems, appointments, tests and medications.
- Coordinates appointments and meetings for physicians.
- Acts as a liaison and processes forms for outside agencies such
as drug companies, hospitals, nursing services and pharmacies.
- Updates the electronic medical record according to EPIC
guidelines. Scans lab, test and procedure results into EPIC as
- Schedules patient appointments, diagnostic testing and
procedures ordered by the physician.
- Insures that appropriate referrals and
precertifications/authorizations are obtained and entered correctly
into the EMR.
- Coordinates patient care activities relating to hospital
admissions. Coordinates physician surgery and/or procedure
scheduling at hospitals and ambulatory centers.
- Under the supervision of the physician, communicates with
patients and pharmacies over the telephone regarding
- Collects copays and account balances and accurately enters
these into the practice management software (CORE). Balances (CORE)
- Works with physician, receptionist, coding coordinator, and/or
billing department to resolve patient inquiries and billing and/or
- Reviews EPIC work queues daily and processes
changes/corrections as required.
- Sorts and delivers mail, medical records, and other
correspondence as needed.
- Follows system and department policies and procedures with
special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality,
dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain
organization and department specific competencies and requirements.
Maintains applicable certification/licensure.
- Other duties as assignedEducation:
- High school graduate or the equivalent. Completion of Medical
Assistant training or equivalent combination of relevant experience
- Medical Assistant certification preferred but not
required.Complexity of Work:
- Excellent written verbal and telephone communication
- Competent with computer software including practice management
systems and windows applications.Work Experience:
- Medical terminology and one year work experience in medical
office setting preferred.Physical Requirements:Personal Protective
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as requiredThe policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System
and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to
provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants
for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All
offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled
substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates
for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.Decisions concerning employment, transfers and
promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate
without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex,
sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled
or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by
law. Information provided on this application may be shared with
any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.Please review the Equal
Employment Opportunity posterCleveland Clinic Health System is
pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities /
Veterans / Individuals with DisabilitiesSchedule: Part Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Akron , Medical Assistant Secretary, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!