RN Homecare PRN - Eastern Cuyahoga County Area
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
Participates in a team-based care model, led by the Care
Coordinator in each region. The RN Homecare Visit Nurse implements
and monitors patient care plans established by, and reports patient
needs after each visit to, the Care Coordinator for further case
- Performs accurate and complete starts of care, resumptions,
recertification's and routine visits as requested and within
specified time frames.
- Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
- Performs medication reconciliation at each visit.
- Assess patient for safety risks, abuse and neglect.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date documentation and files at
all times regarding patient condition and effectiveness and
timeliness of care and interventions.
- Reports abnormal findings and/or changes in patient condition
to Physician and updates Care Coordinator with those changes and
any follow-up needed.
- Communicates any patient fall out/missed visits to Care
- Participates in and supports quality improvement projects,
participates in department committees as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by Care Coordinator or
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the
American Heart Association (AHA),
- Valid Ohio Driver's license upon hire; per policy 8-175
- Proof of automobile insurance coverage with $100,000/$300,000
coverage, upon hire; per policy 8-175 thereafter.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
- Minimum one year current clinical experience as a registered
- Minimum one year experience in an acute medical-surgical or
home care setting.Physical Requirements:
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of
- Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- Requires some exposure to communicable disease or bodily
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
- Must be ambulatory and able to drive to patients' homes, able
to climb stairs, pull, push, and facilitate movement of the
- Must be able to read, write and communicate with patients.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Part Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Akron , RN Homecare PRN - Eastern Cuyahoga County Area, Healthcare , Hudson, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!