Clinical Tech/Medical Assistant/LPN Ambulatory Internal Medicine
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Assists in the provision of care and treatment to a specified
group of patients under the direction of RN and/or MD. Maintains
personal growth and development through the on-going process of
formal and informal education. Demonstrates a positive concerned
and sensitive response in the work place.Responsibilities:
- Obtains vital signs, height and weight as directed.
- Collects patient specimens and prepares specimens appropriately
for transport to labs.
- Prepares patient for exams, tests and special procedures and
assists with exams and treatments as applicable.
- Completes the rooming process, to include but not limited to:
review of medications, updating allergies, identifying pain level
and asking regulatory screening questions.
- Identifies, documents and reports changes to RN and or MD.
- Assists with indirect patient care.
- Performs patient treatments as directed, to include: the
application of heat or cold, simple sterile dressing changes,
measures, applies changes and removing of casts, braces and
- Repairs cast and apply and instruct patients in the use of
- Removes dressings, sutures, & staples.
- Stocks supplies and linens as applicable. Cleans and restocks
dressing supply cart, checks emergency carts, empties needle boxes
using appropriate safety measures.
- Maintains all designated work areas in a clean and orderly
- Assists in Regulatory and safety monitoring and compliance
audits as directed.
- Collaborates with members of the health care team to promote
the delivery of patient care and the overall functioning of the
- Participates in department meetings and performs duties in an
independent and assertive manner under the direction of an RN and
- Initiates CPR and other emergency measures as required.
- Performs administrative or clerical duties as assigned,
including filing, reception, scheduling, data entry and patient
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to read, write and speak English and follow oral and
- Understanding of human anatomy sufficient to perform job
- Knowledge and understanding of basic patient care
- Basic knowledge of math.
- Additional formal training /education may substitute some or
all stated experience.Certifications:
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS) through
American Heart Association (AHA) required within new hire
period.Complexity of Work:
- Requires good interpersonal skills to interact with all staff,
patients and family members.
- Requires strong organizational skills to set priorities,
organize work activities and complete assigned work.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- Minimum two years recent patient care experience in a hospital
or ambulatory setting preferred.
- Proficient in the use of an electronic medical record
- Requires full body motion to move and lift patients, manual
finger dexterity with good eye-hand coordination; involves
extensive standing and walking.
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition
exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects.Personal Protective
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Akron , Clinical Tech/Medical Assistant/LPN Ambulatory Internal Medicine, Healthcare , Hudson, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!