Hospice Aide STNA
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Under the supervision of an RN performs basic patient care
activities.This is to care for patients where they call home.This
position requires 1 year of experience and to be registered with
the Ohio Nurse's Aide Registry. Please enter your STNA certificate
# on your application.Responsibilities:
- Assists with procedures ordered by physician and supervised by
RN or PT, OT, ST as appropriate.-
- Assists patients with tending to personal care, activities of
daily living and transfers/transport.
- Reports and documents abnormal assessment findings or changes
in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Assists with keeping the patient's environment clean and
- Maintains complete and up-to-date documentation and files at
all times regarding patient condition and effectiveness and
timeliness of care and interventions.
- Escalates change in patient condition to patient's physician as
- Ability to read, write and speak English and to follow oral and
- Ability to perform basic clinical mathematics.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- High school diploma or GED.Certifications:
- Certification and Registered with the State of Ohio Nurse's
Aide Registry (STNA).
- Caregivers acquired during an integration without an STNA may
have a designated period of time, as outlined in an Attestation
form, to achieve STNA Certification.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association
- For Homecare and Hospice field staff only, must have- valid
Ohio Driver's license upon hire; per policy 8-175 thereafter.
- For Homecare and Hospice field staff only, must have- proof of
automobile insurance coverage with $100,000/$300,000 coverage, upon
hire; per policy 8-175 thereafter.-
- For Hospice Aides only, Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse
Assistant Certification (CHPNA) preferred.-Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, time constrained work
environment and take appropriate action.Work Experience:
- Minimum one year clinical experience as an aide in an acute,
rehab or skilled nursing setting.
- Home care experience preferred.
- Demonstrates proficiency in applied mathematics & reading
comprehension at an 8th grade level.Physical Requirements:
- Must be ambulatory, able to climb stairs, pull, push, and
facilitate movement of the patient.
- For field staff only: Able to drive to patients' homes and/or
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.Keywords: STNA, PCNA, nurse aide, nursing
assistant, nurse assistant, 2nd shift, second shift, evening
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Akron , Hospice Aide STNA, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!