Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 22, 2021
- Delivers professional nursing care in the operative setting to
patients undergoing surgical or other invasive procedures.
- Performs scrub functions including the selection and handling
of instruments and supplies used during procedure.
- Performs circulating functions including monitoring, recording
and communicating patient condition and managing overall nursing
care of patient before, during and after procedure.
- Directly assists operating physician with surgical tasks
including hemostasis, suturing and wound exposure as well as
- Prepares operating rooms and surgical instruments and equipment
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional
- Current licensure as Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Nurse
First Assistant (RNFA).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
- If in Cardiac Operating Room Advanced Cardiac Life Support
(ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) required.
- If in Pediatric Operating Room Pediatric Advanced Life Support
(PALS) through American Heart Association (AHA) within one year of
hire date.Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- Internal applicants must have one year of recent related
- External applicants must have two years recent related clinical
- Successfully pass all prescreen competency assessments
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required for procedures.-
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Part Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Akron , RN-operating room, Healthcare , Hudson, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!