Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
- Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records
and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Maintains professional growth and development through ongoing
formal and informal education and clinical nursing study.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional
- BSN preferred.Certifications:
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Proof of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart
Association (AHA) must be presented upon hire.
- If in a Critical Care area an Advanced Cardiac Life Support
(ACLS)- through American Heart Association (AHA) Certification must
be presented upon hire or within first year of employment.
- Within one year of hire RNs in Children's Hospital and
Children's Hospital for Rehabilitation will achieve and maintain
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart
Association (AHA) with the exception of the Neonatal Intensive Care
Unit RNs who must achieve and maintain Neonatal Resuscitation
Program (NRP) through American Heart Association (AHA) provider
status and RNs in the Special Delivery Unit, who must achieve and
maintain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American
Heart Association (AHA).
- (ONS) Chemo/Bio course complete within 2 years of employment if
employed on units inpatient and/or outpatient where chemo is
- If in an Adult/Combined EDs, Advanced Cardiac Life Support
(ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA). upon hire or
within one year of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through
American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of
beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- In Dedicated Trauma Centers, Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC -
adult) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC - pediatric) upon
hire or within 24 months of beginning work in the Emergency
- Vascular Access Registered Nurse (VARN) program attendance
required and obtains either a Certified Registered Nurse Infusion
(CRNI) or Vascular Access Board Certified (VA-BC) certification
upon hire or within a year of hire in Peripherally Inserted Central
Catheter (PICC) areas.
- Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- External applicants must have two years recent related nursing
- Internal applicants with less than two years' experience but
post orientation /90 day probationary period could be considered
with Chief Nursing Officer level review and approval.
- Successfully pass all prescreen competency assessments
- Will consider licensed military RN experience.Physical
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Part Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Akron , Endoscopy RN-PRN, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!